Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:07 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:04 pm 

["What are you guys putting down for a club affiliation?"]

It's not YOU guys ~ it's WE guys.
You're very much a part of us now, and you can't quit a free Club. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:38 am 

You have to leave it blank. Our club is not affiliated to the ZCCA. If we were this would not be a free club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:20 pm 

I ended up leaving it blank. At first I was surprised not to see this club listed. I went to the zcca.org website and one of there requirements for a club to be affiliated is they have to charge dues. It made sense at that point since this is a free club. I think that is what Frank was hinting at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:21 am 
Site Admin

I wanted to pass along an email I received this morning from ZCCNE's John Jeffery about ZCON:

"Just for the CTZCC members, ZCON is offering a special rate for both the car show on Tuesday (Aug. 6th) and the track day at NHMS (Aug. 8th) for folks who can't come for the entire week.

Costs are as follows:

1) car show - judged ($45.) or
2) car show - people's choice ($25.)
3) HPDE - race track ($170.)

Those doing just one or both events would not get a goodie bag and a convention T-shirt, food at the opening reception, see the 21-minute film from 1971 about Bob Sharp, eat a great meal at the closing banquet while listening to Mr. Matsuo (the designer of the 240Z) give a presentation about how it all came to be and what designs didn't and why.

Anyone considering this special option should contact me directly (john@baddogparts.com) and we will arrange to have those folks registered for these selected events.

- John Jeffery"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:42 am 

If you live in New England and got a Z, this is a must go show. :D Even if you have to trailer it there. :shock: reminds me of my first ctzcc show. :roll: Well I hope all here can make it and have a good time. :D :thumbs_up: :D

Post subject: Z Con 2013 Update
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:58 am 

I will be at the CTZCC meeting tonight to answer any questions you may have about registering for any events at Z Con 2013.

You can also contact me at 413-265-0320 if you have any questions.

ZZZYA

Bill Moreau
V.P. ZCCNE

1976 280Z ( My First Z, now parts car)

Post subject: Can't join
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:34 am 

Hello Friends, a serious accident has frustrated all my plans to come to the US and join the ZCON. Presently I'm in hospital. Last monday a female car driver has ignored my right of way. I had no chance and hit the car on the rearside with my motorbike. My injuries are serious. I suffered fractures of two cervical vertebrae. The medulla is unhurt, I had much luck in that circumstances, thank God. I hope to make a ful recovery, this requires endurance.

I'm deeply disappointed not to come to CT and Nashua. Thanks to anyone who helped me regarding reservations, registrations etc. above all Frank.
I will return to the US, self-evidently. Please bear with me, that I can't in August.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:34 am 

Sorry to hear about your motorcycle accident and that you will not be able to attend the Z Con 2013 in Nashua, NH.

Hope you have a SPEEDY recovery and looking forward to seeing you upon your next return to the USA.

ZZZZYA

Bill Moreau

V.P. ZCCNE

1976 280Z ( My First Z, now parts car)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:47 am 

We were very much looking forward to zeeing you, Thor, so this is very bad news for us. BUT, the fact that you survived this collision and will recover is wonderful for everyone.

Any of us who ride motorcycles knows the bike rider always loses in a collision, so this could have been much, much worse. We have already lost one dear friend in a bike crash (Colin Foote) and do not wish to lose any more. You are a wonderful asset to this Club and we want you to participate as much as possible, but your health comes first of course, so remain in traction as long as necessary and get well soon. i can cancel your hotel reservations and allow someone else to use your room.

You will be in our daily thoughts and prayers, so please remain in touch with us and give us frequent updates. I will request an entry in our CONCERNS FOR MEMBERS forum about this collision and your change of plans.

Gesundeit, Mein freund.

Wir waren sehr gespannt auf Zeeing Sie, Thor, so ist dies sehr schlechte Nachrichten für uns. ABER die Tatsache, dass Sie diese Kollision überlebten und erholt ist wunderbar für alle.

Jeder von uns, die Motorräder fahren kennt die Motorradfahrer immer verliert bei einer Kollision, also damit hätte viel, viel schlimmer. Wir haben bereits ein lieben Freund in einem Motorrad-Unfall (Colin Foote) verloren und möchte nicht mehr zu verlieren. Du bist eine wunderbare Bereicherung für diesen Club, und wir wollen Sie zu beteiligen, so viel wie möglich, aber Ihre Gesundheit kommt natürlich zuerst, also in Doppeltraktion so lange wie nötig bleiben und gute Besserung. Ich kann Ihre Hotel Reservierung stornieren und jemanden, der Ihr Zimmer verwenden zu ermöglichen.

Sie werden in unsere täglichen Gedanken und Gebete, also bitte mit uns in Kontakt zu bleiben und uns häufige Aktualisierungen.
Ich fordere einen Eintrag in unserem Anliegen für Mitglieder-Forum über diese Kollision und Ihre Änderung der Pläne.

Good health to you, my friend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:03 am 

Thor,
I am so sorry to hear of this!! Thank God that you were not gravely injured, although your injuries are serious enough. We will miss seeing you in NH, but there is "always next year".

My very best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery from this accident.

Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:40 pm 

Thor, the bike can be replaced, you cannot. Thank God you survived. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

John

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com
FB: Zccr zcarclubofrochester

Post subject: Bike vs Car
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:39 pm 

Been there years ago and I haven't gotten back on a street bike since. Sorry you can't make it but real happy you survived the crash.

Keep thinking - San Diego 2014......hope to see you there.

ZCON 2013 Team

Post subject: ZCON Limited Events
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:17 am 

Are you only able to come to the ZCCA convention car show or the track day?

You can register for either event by submitting a PayPal payment to zccne@zccne.org and provide the necessary information shown below:

Car Show – Tuesday, August 6th
Judged (Z cars only $45.):
1) Year and model
2) Class (daily driver, stock, street modified, Nissan modified, Ultra-mod)
3) Owner’s name and address

Not sure which class? You can find the rules here:
http://www.zcca.org/downloads/2012/ZCCA ... l_2012.pdf
People’s Choice ($25.)

Any Datsun, Nissan, Infinity, GT-R vehicle are welcome. Please include the following information with your payment:

1) Model and year
2) Owner’s name and address
See the www.zccazconvention.com for more information.

New Hampshire Motor Speedway HPDE – Thursday, August 8th
Open to all Datsun, Nissan, Infinity and GT-Rs that meet the requirements shown in the FAQ section of the www.zccazconvention.com website (convertibles must have a roll bar).

Cost is $170. Garages are $25. on a first come first served basis.

You must indicate your experience(s) on a track and any modifications to your car.

Beginners will get both an in-car ride-along instructor and class room sessions as well.

You must also sign into the Motorsportreg.com website to register for this event.

Payment for these events does not include; a goodie bag, a special ZCON convention t-shirt, Suds & Shine event, entry to the opening reception/chili party, and the closing banquet.

Any questions please email zconstaff@zccne.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:05 pm 

Thanks for all your get well wishes.
I'm really glad to have survived this horrible crash without fatal healthy consequences. I have to wear a servical collar for the next six weeks plus rehab center. I will return to CT and the ZCON, undoubtedly.

Have much fun, I think of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:55 pm 

geez i didn't know about this. sorry to hear about this Thor but very glad you are ok. and like John said the bike can be replaced you can not be. good luck on your recovery and see you soon in CT. remember we have to have a German beer together. :D or as you would call it....beer. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next