Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:11 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:12 pm 

Upcoming Meeting - As Ross announced today, we plan to hold the first meeting of the season, scheduled for 7:00pm on Wednesday, March 11th at the lounge at Island Cove Marina in Old Saybrook (47 Sunrise Ave, Old Saybrook, CT 06475 - in the main Marina). We will be discussing the upcoming season, special events and meeting some new faces as well. This will be our first meeting since the economic recession officially began, which means food will not be served! On the other hand, fun will be supplied in the same quantities as last year.

DIRECTIONS FROM MARINA ENTRANCE. Please drive slowly on Sunrise Ave as you make your way to the Marina Entrance. It is a Residential Street. At the end of Sunrise Ave continue straight into the Marina and bear left towards the main building with the big garage door on the end(pictured). We will still have most of the boats on land so parking might be tight. Please feel free to Park in front of the garage doors and along side the building. Be prepared to double park if attendance is good. The Lounge is located on the water side of the building. Walk around the garage and find the double doors on the front of building and head upstairs. I'll probably mark the way with Z's.

See you there:

Driving directions fo those without GPS or do not use online maps.

From I-95 South take exit 69 to Route 9 North
bear right over the bridge and take Exit 1 Ferry Road. At Stop sign go straight on to Sunrise Ave (Vinnie's Restaurant on the corner). Follow Sunrise Ave(neighborhood) to the End. Marina is straight ahead If you missed Exit one take Exit 2 and follow the next set of Directions.

From I-95 North take exit 69 onto Route 9 North
Take Exit 2 and make a right on Essex Rd.
Make your 4th Left onto Sunrise Ave. (Vinnie's Restaurant on the corner)
Follow Sunrise Ave(neighborhood) to the End. Marina is straight ahead.

From Rte 9 South
Take Exit 2
Make a Left onto Middlesex Turnpike
Make a Right onto Old Springbrook Road (VFW Hwy)
Make a Right onto Essex Rd
Make your 4th Left onto Sunrise Ave.(Vinnie's Restaurant on the corner)
Follow Sunrise Ave(neighborhood) to the End. Marina is straigh ahead.

My Cell number is: three eight nine - 2448

Attachments:
Main building parking lot.JPG
Main building parking lot.JPG [ 36.92 KiB | Viewed 4827 times ]
Main building.JPG
Main building.JPG [ 55.94 KiB | Viewed 4827 times ]

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:42 pm 

T-Minus 3 Days until our first meet.

We look forward to seeing everyone again to kick off the Zeason. Please review the directions and instructions from the Marina Entrance. Parking is plentiful but may be a little tight near the building since we do have boats on land from winter storage. Please feel free to double park, however if you will need to leave before 9pm, park off to the side or nearer the main entrance so you can get out. Please drive slowley up Sunrise Ave leading to the Marina.

Coffee and Donuts have been donated to the club for the meeting, so if you don't have time for dinner we can at least stop your stomach from growling.

Rain is in the forecast and it is early in the Zeason, so we don't expect to see many Z's there, but we want to see you.

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 am 

Well, I've got a lot of praise for a lot of members in this Club, but let me tell y'all ~ we got hit with the Lucky Stick when we found Keith Hultmark!

Last year we heard a lot of pleas to move the monthly meetings around the state, to make it easier for members in far-flung corners to meet with us on week nights. Last night Keith made it possible to do that, and in GRAND style!

Keith works at a Marina in Old Saybrook and last night he opened the doors for us to use their waterfront conference room for our first meeting of 2009. For those of you who couldn't make it, let me say you LOST OUT! That place was like an Executive LOUNGE or a Night Club! Total comfort and grand waterfront views out every window. This gives us a better chance to reach members in the South-Eastern corner of the state, and is a shorter ride for our Rhode Island members and some from Mass.

Because there were so many new members, President Ross Williams brought a projector & screen and gave us an excellent powerpoint presentation about where the Club is headed for this year and introduced each of the Club's officers. We had a lively discussion about many subjects, with lots of really good ideas from the Membership. We killed some donuts, coffee, piZZa and soda, shared lots of laughs and lounged in sheer comfort in every corner.

After a long winter, it felt great to see familiar faces again, meet some new ones, plan a few side projects and just talk "Z" language again. Keith opened the Club Store and sold almost everything he brought with him, including the first shipment of our Club's new Polo shirtz. I couldn't stop smiling and felt so "at home" among our membership that I was embarrassed to discover I was the last one to leave (sorry Keith!).

Phil Parent and I took some pictures which we'll share with you here. I was having too much fun to do a headcount, but I guess there were more than two dozen happy Z owners drinking coffee and soda at the bar and playing with the exquisite HO train village in the corner of The Lounge. We missed our Rhode Island members (who all had inescapable obligations elsewhere), but they will get another chance to meet us there again in the future, I'm sure. Further, the Marina has been choZen as one of our five sites for the Club Calendar photoshoots.

All in all, a GREAT kick-off to the 2009 Zeason. Thanks again Keith, for making this possible, and thanks to everyone who attended our first 2009 monthly meeting.

Z Ya soon!
Frank T
MbrshpDir

Attachments:
IMGA0474.JPG
IMGA0474.JPG [ 58.69 KiB | Viewed 4747 times ]
IMGA0476.JPG
IMGA0476.JPG [ 61.78 KiB | Viewed 4748 times ]
IMGA0470.JPG
IMGA0470.JPG [ 56.49 KiB | Viewed 4749 times ]

Last edited by Frank T on Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:48 pm 

Sorry for the delay in getting the pictures uploaded. Had a great time last night!! The only thing missing was the Z's!!

Thank you Keith for hosting another great Z event. Please pass our thanks on to the marina owner.

For those of you who missed it, there's always next time!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/phil280zxt/ ... 6344809442

Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:55 pm 

Thanks Phil! Good photos.

(Dang! I look dashingly handsome in my CTZCC Fleece! I should buy TWO!:lol:) (QUIET, Paul ~ I know what you think I should do with the 2nd one!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:00 pm 

Frank, I hadn't noticed before, but I think you're right, the CTZCC fleece does bring out your handsome side.