Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:56 pm 

There is an event for those interested in attending:

The Antique Automobile Club of America, Housatonic Valley Region Chapter
45th Annual Classic Car Show

Sunday June 26th, 2022
Gates open at 9am, Judging starts @ 11:30am, Awards start @ 2:30pm (no rain date)
$15 per registered car
Spectators $5
Children Under 12 are free.

Kent, CT 06757

I was invited to this as you can see there are many categories of vehicles to win prizes.

Attachments:
45th Annual Classic Car Show June 26 2022 small.jpg
45th Annual Classic Car Show June 26 2022 small.jpg [ 111.33 KiB | Viewed 5201 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:02 pm 

Mister PreZident? 8)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:52 am 

That could be a good "fun run". We were thinking of heading to the museum for a run anyway.

WHO IS INTERESTED IN ATTENDING THIS EVENT? PLEASE REPSOND TO THIS POST.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:21 pm 

I'm interested, but I'm scheduled to be away until the following week. :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:22 pm 

Hi All,

Happy Spring!

This looks like a fun event; something a bit different. I have it penciled on the calendar.

The Z is ready to go! Removed the cover and contacted the insurance company. Still lhaven't had her on the road...guess I'm waiting for a sweet convertible day!

Alan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:24 pm 

Hey guys, I am planning to attend this event with my Z, weather permitting. I've been to the CAMA facility before and it is a really a neat place to visit with all kinds of antique machinery on display. It is truly a step back in time. Besides, it is one of the nicest road trips you can take as CT's NW corner has some of the prettiest scenery and awesome fun driving roads anywhere in the state.

I hope to see some of your there!

If anyone is interested in caravanning with me from the Naugatuck Valley area, let me know. I plan to head out by 8AM.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:09 am 

Yesterday I met up with our fearless leader John Kish in New Milford, then headed North to the The Antique Automobile Club of America Car show at the CT Antique Machinery Museum in Kent CT. John drove his beautiful 240 and I took my Triumph TR3A... John could hardly keep up with me through the twisties, yea right! They parked our class, "Furrin Cars" in some sweet deep shade, while the rest of the cars were parked out in an oven baked open field....Sooo it was very pleasant, we were the envy of the crowd. John's Z was certainly the center of attention in our group. Alas we couldn't come up with a trophy between the two of us, about 15 cars in the class. Most excellent day!
Colin
the older

Attachments:
2 copy.jpg
2 copy.jpg [ 743.03 KiB | Viewed 4600 times ]
3 copy.jpg
3 copy.jpg [ 1.02 MiB | Viewed 4600 times ]
5 copy.jpg
5 copy.jpg [ 725.57 KiB | Viewed 4600 times ]
6 copy.jpg
6 copy.jpg [ 872.65 KiB | Viewed 4600 times ]
7 copy.jpg
7 copy.jpg [ 1.01 MiB | Viewed 4600 times ]
16 copy.jpg
16 copy.jpg [ 824.87 KiB | Viewed 4600 times ]
17 copy.jpg
17 copy.jpg [ 1.08 MiB | Viewed 4600 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:42 am 

A Great Day at the CAMA Car Show event on Sunday! :thumbs_up:

Colin Gentle and I met up in New Milford Sunday morning and drove up to the event, Colin in his beautiful little 1960 TR3 and me in my 1971 Datsun 240Z. The weather was sunny and warm, a perfect day for a car show.

I wanted to go to this event, not so much for just a car show, but to visit the CAMA facility which I had been to once before. I don't think there is another place in this state that is so nostalgic and lay back as this place. Actually, I am not a big "car show" guy, but as someone else once said "you go to the car show but you stay for the people you meet". This is SO TRUE at this place. There was no end to the number of people who stopped by to look at our cars and chat with us to share their stories.

The event staff was very friendly and accommodating. To start our day there, they had coffee and breakfast sandwiches which were cooked right there and served to us by a local boy scout troupe. Lunch items were also served, all at very reasonable prices. Colin and I were entered in the Class 10 "Import Car" group which had a variety of great looking cars that parked with us, including MG's, Porsches, Triumphs, a cool Honda van and an Austin Healey 100 just to name a few. Luckily, our group ended up parking in a beautifully shaded area which only added to the enjoyment.

1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies were given out to all of the classes. The TR4, a VW beetle and the Healey were the winners in our class, and well deserved. My only regret is that we had so much fun looking at the cars and chatting with all the "car people" that we never got a chance to go into the open museum exhibits. Well, I will just have to save that for the CAMA Fall Festival to be held this coming September 23 -25. I highly recommend that you put that event on your fall calendar.

I see Colin has just added some pictures to this topic. Enjoy!