Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:28 pm 

Paul, Sounds like good planning to me! 8) See you Wednesday nite!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:48 am 

Though I have some other stuff going on, I will alter what I must to make it.

'03 Z33 Touring 6 spd Chrome Silver (~stock)
'09 GT-R Super Silver... Lusty Enough As Is!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:57 am 

:thumbs_up: 8) :thumbs_up: Way to go, Gary. A man's got to set his priorities straight.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:20 pm 

Thnx Frank

Hopefully it's OK if I take the G vs a Z car... yeah again. ;< P

'03 Z33 Touring 6 spd Chrome Silver (~stock)
'09 GT-R Super Silver... Lusty Enough As Is!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:36 pm 

It keeps gettin better. I'll be in a truck Gary, you're good. :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:55 am 

This should be a great meeting. Good response from members and great weather. Don't miss this one! :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:50 pm 

is the meeting still on. weather is very overcast

1982 280z
1986 Camaro I-ROC
1988 Camaro I-ROC Convertible
1971 Camaro (under construction)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:46 am 

Didn’t know it was still on since weather was overcast. Wish I knew I would of went. Even took the night off from work lol

1982 280z
1986 Camaro I-ROC
1988 Camaro I-ROC Convertible
1971 Camaro (under construction)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:39 am 

John K,

Sorry you missed this event. For future reference, unless I cancel the event, it is still on. We'd never cancel due to overcast conditions anyway. Apparently we had over 40 people at the meeting last night. Our members shared some great Z stories.

I hope to see you next season and by all means keep checking this website for further posts on events, reschedules, cancellations, or for obtaining any Z related information.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:14 pm 

I hope you all enjoyed getting together at our last Z club meeting of the season last night as much as I did.

How cool was it to see Jake and Paul's racecar fire up and pull into the parking lot for us to gawk over? Thanks guys for bringing it to us :thumbs_up: . Jake and Mark's racing experiences discussed last night were captivating. Let's try to support our fellow Z car race drivers at upcoming track events and keep an eye out on the forum for race schedules.

Alan Dempsey has promised to send in the pictures he took last night, so keep checking this forum post for updates.

A BIG THANKS again to Jeff Wirth and Paul Miller for hosting our club event and allowing all of us Z enthusiasts to gather at their dealership. We look forward to supporting the introduction of the new Z when the time arrives.

Finally, as I said in the meeting last night, I encourage ALL of you to use the club website to post any activities and "fun runs" that we can participate in before old man winter sets in. The Z rides that YOU enjoy would also be enjoyed by other members.

Have a great and safe end of year Zeason!

Regards,

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:50 pm 

I've got to stay away from you people; I gain a pound each time we meet. :shock:

What a great time we had at this meeting! At least 41 people (some counted 43; it was harder than counting horses on a merry-go-'round), 2 doZen cars, and Jake's S30 GT/U racer. Many new faces and old friends tonight!

Huge thanks to Gayle G. for her organization and execution of our Club's first 50/50, which awarded the lucky winner with $113. The Club made that much, too, and that's our only income for the 2021 Zeason. We will have to offer this opportunity more often next Zeason and build the Club kitty back to health. Thanks to all the participants, including those individuals who simply donated to the fund without taking tickets. This really is a great group of people.

PreZident John did an excellent job arranging this meeting, including procuring exactly enough piZZa for everyone. Paul Miller Nissan made us feel right at home and maintained a good-size after-hours staff to make sure we had everything we needed. Thanks Mr. Miller, for closing our 2021 Zeason in such grand style; you never disappoint us.

The parking space they afforded us was large enough to land helicopters on, and gave plenty of space for Jake to park his trailer and roll out his #88 Datsun S30 racer. Much to the delight of all our members (and probably to the dismay of the local neighbors), Jake fired the car up and positioned it in a spot visible from the street. We always get passers-by interested in our events, and this GT/U car sure got everyone's attention.

Several new-joins and visitors got a chance to stand up in front of the crowd and confess their Z-Sins, and/or to tell funny stories about their Z experiences. They were rewarded with applause and laughter. Some of these people should have been stand-up comedians. First-time visitor Mark Lydell bravely stood before us and good-naturedly walked us thru the steps at LRP which led to his own recent interesting S-30 event:

https://youtu.be/XiFCngPUBgM

As always, the true value of the event was shown in the parking lot both before and after the meeting. With so many people having such happy reunions (and making new acquaintances), it was hard to get them all inside when the piZZa arrived, and to disperse and head home after the meeting ended. Some of us came all he way from Rhode Island and others had trailers full of race car to haul home and park, so I know it was a late night for many. AND NO MOSQUITOES!

So this officially ends our 2021 Zeason of organized events and meetings, but President Emeritus Ross Williams still invites us to a casual picnic at his new home in Rhode Island in two more weeks.

THANK YOU, President "Johnny Z" Kish, for resurrecting our Club after the Covid sequester. You have given us all a sense of purpose again, and given us momentum for the 2022 Zeason.

Pictures to follow if I can get them to print small enough. So far they are coming out as large as roadmaps.

Frank T

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:33 pm 

Did you hear? There was gun fire today at Paul Miller Nissan. Scary stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:18 am 

Thanks Howie, there was no news of this locally. We have to listen to New Yawk and New Joisey to learn what's happening here in our own back yard.

https://www.newjerseynewsnetwork.com/st ... -fairfield

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:46 am 

Hello All,

It was a great CTZCC event at Miller Nissan in Fairfield, CT on 13 Oct 2012. It's always great to see the "old timers" and new faces coming together. Thanks John Kish for making it happen.

Attached is a photo album of the event: https://photos.app.goo.gl/NQVCnuQPJCmbNqNR9

Enjoy,
Alan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:07 am 

Nice work Alan. :thumbs_up:
I'm especially happy with the outdoor shots, since the lighting wasn't so good out there. Very well done, indeed, and it was good to zee you again, as always.

Frank T