Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Happy birthday, Sweet 16
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:15 pm 

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, CT Z CAR CLUB.
Thursday, 22Jul21, heralds a notable landmark in CTZCC history.

16 years ago on 22July 2005, our Webmaster and President Emeritus Jim Hagani made the first entry into the CTZCC website, which he created that day as the Club was forming. Jim is thereby the first member of the CTZCC website, followed by Club creator Ross Williams two months later. (You can see these entries by pressing FORUM, then MEMBERS at the top of this forums page header. That will show you the chronological list of all 781 CTZCC members who have actually registered onto this website. Some two doZen other members are registered but don't sign-on).

The entry of those first few members mark the birth of our present CT Z Car Club sixteen years ago this week. They had been members of the old Bob Sharp 240Z club, who had visions for a bigger venue which included all Z models, not just the 240.

We consider that handful of first CTZCC members to be our Founding Fathers, and salute them for their responsible thinking, clear planning, cooperation, enthusiasm, outstanding TEAMWORK, and endurance.

Jim, Ross, Alan Brown, Barry Cohen and a few modest others who "were in the room" when the Club was born over coffee, worked together and created a lasting and rewarding gift to the Z lovers of Connecticut, New England, Canada, Australia, France, Finland, Germany, Singapore, and many of the United States.

Webmaster Jim has personally and quietly funded our great website out-of-pocket since its inception without fanfare or complaint, updated and improved it as years went on, and helped newcomers learn the system.

Impossibly, Ross single-handedly Mastered every ring of our circus for the first 3+ years of our Club, was our Founder and our first preZident. He held that demanding position for over 8 years before passing it on to Jimmy, then to Phil Parent, and now to John Kish. I personally witnessed Ross' first grey hair; it sprouted during our First Annual Z Car Show in Darien, 2008. :lol:

Since Jim's first entry there have been 58,262 more entries regarding 6,433 individual subjects. This great website has held our Club together thru 15 cold winters, 16 active Zeasons and a frustrating COVID lockdown. It has helped build a huge network of friends and colleagues, until "most of us know most of us". It has educated us, shared our elations and our sorrows, and united us. It has become the harmonic voice of the best Free Z Club on the planet. Our future appears unlimited as we look forward to the upcoming release of the new Z later this year.

Please join me in a STANDING OVATION to these far-visioned pioneers who have given (and still give) so very much of their time and effort for our enjoyment and camaraderie.

BRAVO, GUYS ~ AND THANKS! :thumbs_up: :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:

How about a word from each of you pioneers about your memories of when our mighty CTZCC oak was just a sprig?

Frank T

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:53 am 
Site Admin

Thank you very much for the kind words, Frank!

It's been a labor of love, as I'm sure everyone who has helped the club over the past sixteen years would agree.

Needless to say, it was never just about our passion for Z's, as worthy as these cars are.

This club, first and foremost, has always been about its wonderful people and the cameraderie they share. Last month's club meeting, the first in years, was proof of that. What other club could be "dormant" for so long yet spring back to life and pick up exactly where it left off?

I'm elated that the website, initially envisioned primarily to be a place to announce events, has exploded into the comprehensive forum and meeting place that allows us, even during a raging pandemic, to hangout together and "talk" Z's, life in general, whatever.

Congratulations to the many people, from Ross on down, who have given tirelessly to this club in their own ways: you've helped build something really, really good, which doesn't happen very often, and you should be extremely proud.

Happy Sweet 16, CTZCC! Many more great years to come!

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

- Jim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:33 pm 

Wow! 16 years and still counting. Thank goodness we can still say that. :thumbs_up: Thanks to all that helped keep the club together for all those years.

And yes, we will be Zeeing each other again soon. Keep and eye out for future announcements as we will be posting another meeting notice shortly. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:31 pm 

Happy 16th birthday, CTZCC!

A million thanks to the ZClub founders, officers, and members for so many opportunities to meet great people and have a lot of fun.

Alan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:47 pm 

As always, Frank said it better than I could even think it. SO KUDOs Frank and all involved from the beginning. Now I have to ask... We're 16 now, so in 9 Years can we start adult drinking?

Juss kiddn' of course, current guides are fitting & proper. Especially for these times.

'03 Z33 Touring 6 spd Chrome Silver (~stock)
'09 GT-R Super Silver... Lusty Enough As Is!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:22 pm 

:thumbs_up: :lol: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:54 am 

There is no way to overstate the contribution that Jim Hagani has had on this club since its inception. The website and Discussion Forum is the life-blood of our club and we would have been a very small shadow of ourselves without it.

Jim was there from day one, when he cheerfully volunteered to create a website for us. Not just any website - most likely the best Z club website in the nation. It has drawn people from all over the U.S. and even internationally. It has served as the sandbox that we have been playing in since 2005, a truly remarkable achievement. It has been the platform where we publicize events, brag about our rides, solicit mechanical help, stay connected in the off-season and share concerns about our brothers and sisters. Our website has served as a model for many other clubs, who have sought to replicate it.

Thank you Jim for being there from the very beginning and providing the structure needed for this club to flourish and stay connected. And thank you for 16 years of website updates, resetting passwords and answering technical questions!

I am proud to know you, proud to have worked with you and proud to call you a friend!

Sincerely,

Ross

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:38 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks very much, Ross! And ditto all that right back at you!

- Jim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:34 pm 

I remember it like it was yesterday. Labor Day, 2005. I had the great fortune of being invited to Ross' new home in Darien. Ross had previously reached out to past members of the Bob Sharp club to discuss starting up another Z car club. If I remember correctly, there were eight of us there. I had the pleasure of seeing Ross again and meeting Jim, Bryan Little, Mike Rosann, Barry Cohen, John Bianchi and Allen Brown. Ross treated us to burgers and plenty of Z discussions!

Who would have guessed that the CTZCC membership would grow from that humble beginning to what it is today!

Kudos to Ross and Jim for everything they've done to start the club and keep it going! The CTZCC web site is the glue that keeps all of us together, thanks for providing that for us Jim!

Attachments:
Phil Parent, John Bianchi, Graham Williams, Mike Rosann, Jim Hagani, Barry Cohen, & Joe Dorneo.jpg
Phil Parent, John Bianchi, Graham Williams, Mike Rosann, Jim Hagani, Barry Cohen, & Joe Dorneo.jpg [ 171.83 KiB | Viewed 2971 times ]
Mike Rosann, Barry Cohen, John Bianchi (back turned), Joe Dorneo.jpg
Mike Rosann, Barry Cohen, John Bianchi (back turned), Joe Dorneo.jpg [ 168.52 KiB | Viewed 2971 times ]
P9050020.jpg
P9050020.jpg [ 199.16 KiB | Viewed 2971 times ]

Last edited by phil280zxt on Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:39 pm 

What a great memory! I had to look twice to see little Graham hiding in plain sight. He's such a big guy now.....how could we all be so old so quickly?

So, what ever became of Joe Dorneo, and why don't we hear from him today? I don't remember ever meeting him.

Frank