Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:49 pm 

This is an important Heads Up to all. Pre-Order Your Limited Edition Copy of ZCON1988-2020 celebrating 50 Years of Z-Cars, Z Enthusiasts and America’s Most Iconic Z-car Event. Pre Order endZ Oct 30, 2020!!! If you miss seeing this in time, you can try but don't expect miracles.

I’m putting this out to ALL Z Car enthusiast’s so they know and please can pass it on to otherZ. Do know that once this book goes to press, there won't be many extra copies floating around for sale. I'm sure people will be crying when they see no more are for sale, or will be a lot more than the pre-order price once be sold out. So let them know that the only sure way of getting this limited edition book is ONLY if they pre-order now.

I believe this is the first Z-car related book of its kind. It’s not about model specifications. Those can be found in any number of Z books and automotive magazines published in the past 50 years. This book is about Z events that have helped create a cult-like following in the Z community. There will be Mr. K achievements related to the Z throughout the book as well as not-so-common Z history from the past 50 years that includes: what made special edition/limited edition Zcars so unique, the early year Z car racers that brought attention to the Z by winning national championships, just to name a couple.

ZCON 1988-2020 takes you back in time to celebrate 50 years of Z-cars, 33 years of ZCON’s, pictures of Z enthusiast cars from around the world and a Foreward from “Mad” Mike Taylor. The book also includes Mr. K Achievements throughout the years along with other prominent national Z events that include Z1 Nationals, Branson Z Fest, MSA West Coast Nationals and ZDayZ, which have all contributed to helping keep the Z revered in the sports car world. The book will be 8.5 x 11 in size and around 170 to 200 pages. Who knows, you might even find a picture of you from 1, 10, 20, even 30 years ago in it. And if you have submitted a picture of your car, you will definitely see it in the book.

To order your copy, go to zcarclubmag.com. There are a number of options for buying the book including being able to order it as a gift for someone this holiday season (only available in the United States). It will be gift wrapped along with a to: and from: card and sent directly to them and is guaranteed to be delivered before December 20th. The pre-order form on the website will be active until October 30th. Discounts kick in if you order more than one book.

*NOTE: This is a limited edition book and there won’t be many extras beyond what is pre-ordered. So don’t delay, get your order in now! Again, Preorder ends Oct 30, 2020! And do let otherZ know ASAP!!!

If you have any questions, I have answers. Feel free to email Art Singer
(arts.zccm@gmail.com) or call (505-835-9170) anytime.

'03 Z33 Touring 6 spd Chrome Silver (~stock)
'09 GT-R Super Silver... Lusty Enough As Is!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:57 pm 

I forgot to add this info from Art

The book should be in peoples hands before Christmas. He's dedicating the book in a memorial page for about 8 to 10 Z people (who I have known) who have passed away and Bill Moreau is one of them. I gave Art some pix I had of Bill and I assume some will be used.

Also, Nissan is buying some books to sell in their E store in future. But I'm sure they will be much more $

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:10 pm 

["And if you have submitted a picture of your car, you will definitely see it in the book"].
Where would they have had to submit their pictures, and is that opportunity still open?
How much will the books cost? We could consider gifting one to Bill Moreau's family, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:04 am 

Picture entry deadline was over a short time ago.
I believe the pre order cost (which per latest update now ends very soon vs today. But I'd not wait.) is $35. Check the link. As for your idea, I would expect they will get directly from Art if Bill is one of the several it's dedicated to.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:18 am 

I guess I missed out on this.....did anyone buy extra to maybe sell to another member? Well I have 2 extra of these, call it a glitch or twitch in the finger, but somehow I ordered 3, so I have 2 for sale @ $33.00, that's a savings to you of .50 of course something about 33 even.

Attachments:
20201111_084802.jpg
20201111_084802.jpg [ 363.56 KiB | Viewed 3339 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:05 pm 

Gary, was Bill Moreau actually included in this book? If so, do we know for sure his family got one?
Thanks,
Frank T

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:54 am 

Yes.
Bill was in the dedication list up front, and in many pix I submitted.

Art was going to print another batch once he had enough (late) requests. So you and all others with interest might want to contact Art.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:08 am 

Ordered one from Amazon this week for $28.00.. Looking forward to getting it..