Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Guyz we miss...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:46 pm 

Happy Birthday Bill Moreau!
ZYAAAA Somewhere.

Post subject: Re: Guyz we miss...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:41 pm 

Awww...I think of Bill often.
Thanks for the reminder.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:51 am 

Always missed Zamigo, ZYAAAA around

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:07 pm 

Bill's family members were grateful to hear of this post.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:45 pm 

I joined the club too late. Wish I could have met him, he sounds like he was a good person.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:30 pm 

Bill was just a little bit shy of incredible, and certainly slightly larger than life. He lived in Massachusetts and was the VP of the ZCCNew England, but got out of work at night and drove his Z 100 miles down here thru rush-hour traffic to attend almost every monthly meeting and was present at each of our events. He was extremely active in our CTZCC and was always looking for ways to help us out.

He tied up with Paul, Big Al and Gary T and they became the AZeegos for years, traveling cross country in their Zs to any big Z event. They were almost disappointed when the ZCon came here to our neck of the woods one year because they couldn't make another 2,000 mile round-trip together. The ZCCNE sponsored that show so Bill worked his bizitimus off to make sure everything went perfectly, and it did. He almost planned the whole event, and monitored everything to make sure it went according to plan.
He got something like 5 hours sleep in 3 days and then got corralled into intake registration for several thousand entrants, greeting each one personally as they signed in.

He once wrecked his Z and just shrugged it off. He brought parts with him to the meetings and enlisted people to put them on his car. He seemed to know everyone in a crowd of 1000 Z owners by name, and know something about their car. He was a willing piZZa consumer and helped us kill off a lot of calories over the years.

Bill was a Vietnam vet and died of an extremely rare condition which none of us had ever heard of (Amyliodosis, actual heart cancer). Many of us attended his service and funeral and the Club was represented by a string of Z cars. At his service they played about 100 of his favorite rock and roll songs. Bill would have turned 72 this year, but he is now forever 69. Most of us met him before his first grey hair.

We've lost some precious members of this Club, and sincerely grieved the loss of some of our members' families, but something different happened to us when Bill died.
You would have really liked him, Jay. Cool guy, always had something new going on, always wanted to learn something new from you when you met him.

At our 2017 Annual Fall Outing picnic, when everyone stood silent for a moment to remember Bill, his daughter took the Mic and made a touching thank-you speech to the Club. Someone in the crowd gasped and directed our attention to the clear sky directly above Ross' house. The only clouds in sight had formed a big "Z" over the whole crowd. No lie, true story.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9286

Frank

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:56 pm 

Wow, he sounds like a really great person. I would have liked to meet him.

That Fall Outing (2017) was the one where my Dad and I drove my Z to. I remember Bill's beautiful Z was parked in front and center and had been driven there by a family member I believe (his daughter I'm guessing). He obviously loved that car judging by it's condition.

I also remember the kind words you spoke and moment of silence for him. That was a special moment even for us, and we didn't know him. I'm glad that was the outing my Z made it to.

Jay