Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:53 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:44 pm 

For those of you who have not seen the videos that I took at the Glen last year, go to YouTube and just type in carefully the following:

"wg video1" for laps 1 and 2

"wg video2" for lap3

I was following ZCARNUT on lap 3.

Be sure to play it LOUD!

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:49 pm 

:lol: Haha! "Slow Canadians, huh?"

Great flix, good narration. :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:42 pm 

[quote="johnnyZ"]Heavenly Donuts works for me since I live so close, but I'd be willing to meet anywhere that works.

Hey Howie, are you planning to go this year? :?:

Hi John,
I'm not able to attend this time because out-of-state and out-of-country family will be visiting and crashing at my place at the same time as the Rochester event.

I hope you all have a great time and a safe (tragedy free) road trip and driving experience. Z yah! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Howie

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:27 am 

In the mail.....Frank I thought I was already fired, did I get rehired. :shock: I heard the track line up this year will be highest horsepower up front lowest in the back and those who are just insane can go in the front row. Non- Z's in the parking lot.....unless it's some vintage Ferrari, Maserati, TVR, 3000GT, Jag, other Datsun,Ect.... :P

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:56 am 

Met the owner of this establishment yesterday here in R.I. at one of our local restaurants. :thumbs_up:

Attachments:
20190517_175733 (2).jpg
20190517_175733 (2).jpg [ 488.05 KiB | Viewed 5734 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:13 pm 

Sent in the paperwork today to Frank McGinley . . . . . . . it's a go ! ! :mrgreen: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:53 am 

Details are coming together for MOTORFEST 2019!

We've added some events for our out of town guests!

FRIDAY EVENING 7/19: Icebreaker at GREAT LAKES CLASSIC CARS in Hilton, NY. Food, drink, friends old & new and dozens of incredible classic cars of all types!

SATURDAY 7/20: Road Rally from the Damascus Center in Webster NY to Watkins Glen International Raceway for three laps in your car. On your own stops in Watkins Glen village for lunch, shopping, wineries, antiques, etc.

SATURDAY EVENING 7/20: Social at THE BEER HALL & GRILL in Webster NY. Food, drink, music and fun!

SUNDAY 7/21: The HUGE MOTORFEST MOTOR SHOW at the Damascus Center in Webster NY. If you've been there before, you know. If you haven't..... :wink:

The registration form with complete information including the host hotel can be found HERE:
https://www.zccr.net/wp-content/uploads ... ration.pdf

Hope to see our CTZCC friends there! :D

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com
FB: Zccr zcarclubofrochester

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 1:05 pm 

I'm signed, paid and confirmed. Barring high floods and earthquakes I will get there by Friday nite. Some of us are planning to gather here for a caravan up thru the NY Southerntier, which is always one of the best parts of this annual event. (Friends should always try to eat together at the Roscoe Diner at least once a year :D ).
Thanks to the ZCCR for adding more to a shindig than we originally paid for! Looking fwd to Zeeing our old friends from Rochester again.

Z brothers, if you have not yet attended one of these annual ZCCR events, you are missing one of the best times of your summer. Do yrslf a favor and join in with us for a lot of laughter at the meals, thrills at the racetrack, oooooohs and aaaaaaahs at the car show and a warm fuzzy feeling when it's all over and time for the Z cruise home. Bring your favorite wife or girlfriend to navigate, take pictures and laugh with. Every event these people put on is a winner, and a whole weekend full of fun memories. PLUS, you get a lot of bar stories about how you ran your Z around Watkins Glen International Raceway at intermittent full throttle and made your gal squeal, and your money went for the Z Widows' Retirement Fund or some other worthy charity.

Do this!

Frank T

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:47 pm 

Today I managed to get some maintenance items completed prior to our long jaunt to Webster NY.

Cleaned the wheels and rotated the tires
Changed diff fluid
Changed tranny Fluid
Greased front end suspension

Whew! I can only say that I gave up counting the number of times I had to get my self up off the garage floor only to get another tool, rag, or gazmachie. :roll:

I'm beat and smell like gear oil, but Hey..... It was worth it. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:54 am 

Frank T wrote:
I'm signed, paid and confirmed. Barring high floods and earthquakes I will get there by Friday nite. Some of us are planning to gather here for a caravan up thru the NY Southerntier, which is always one of the best parts of this annual event. (Friends should always try to eat together at the Roscoe Diner at least once a year :D ).Frank T

If it wasn't so far out of the way 3.6 hours for me :shock: , I would make the side trip. 8)

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:06 pm 

You're still our friend, Karl. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:17 am 

Roscoe diner is always a good spot to stop, I've been there hundreds of times, but one day I decided to drive through town and hit the old Rt 17. I found a real good Italian restaurant, good pizza and canoles. I think the owner knows me by now. Next street over is a distillery, and they make some good award winning products. Then about a mile down the road is a local brewery with a real nice place to hang out try a beer, take some beer, eat some food. Next to that is the Rockland House restaurant with real good home cooked food, and they also own the hotel next door. Let alone you are in Catskill park and also Fly fishing capital, the museum is in Roscoe. The area is also known as Trout town. Also in Roscoe is the Roscoe Hotel on the river were they go fly fishing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:33 am 

The whole area is beautiful there. Rte 17 follows the confluence of Willowemoc Creek and Beaver Kill, two waist-deep trout streams which carved a valley thru the hills of rural Sullivan County ages ago. The road is wide and smooth, winds for miles around river bends close enough for eye contact with the fly fishermen and sunbathing beauties on one side, and the hills on the other side echo the great straight-6 Z exhaust notes as you climb and descend grades. John' ANSA exhaust sounds outstanding thru there. Eagles and Kingfishers soar overhead and make divebombing runs all along the river. It's almost sacrilegious to interrupt all that to get off at tiny Roscoe, but I'm always low on fuel and want a good meal at that point.

Roscoe is an antique villiage of 550 people at 1400ft elevation, with several quaint shops and local breweries along its Main Street. Altho Roscoe dates back to 1790, a major fire in 1916 destroyed much of 'downtown' which has since been rebuilt. "The World Famous Roscoe Diner" serves some of the freshest trout dinners you can ask for, and the village gas station is directly across the road from them.

Altho tiny Roscoe is seldom a destination, it is almost always a "Pony Express"-style-stop off point where you can get more whiskey and fresh horses for your men. The average family income in Roscoe is about $45,000/yr, there are more women than men in town, and the fly fishing is nationally-famous.

Attachments:
250px-Stewart_Avenue,_Roscoe,_New_York.jpg
250px-Stewart_Avenue,_Roscoe,_New_York.jpg [ 24.21 KiB | Viewed 5591 times ]
220px-Roscoe_Diner,_New_York_in_2012.jpg
220px-Roscoe_Diner,_New_York_in_2012.jpg [ 13.9 KiB | Viewed 5591 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:51 am 

shhhhhh it's a secret vacation spot...........but not for long, alot of NYC people have been buying it up. I happen to talk to a real Estate agent at the Rockland house one night and got a good ear full. Matter of fact if you go to the Rockland house on a Friday night you will see all 550 people in town. It's bigger than it looks on the outside, and it seems everyone in the family works there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:58 am 

Mike and I are looking forward to driving to the Motorfest 2019 event along with our other CTZCC members. :D

Since it will take every bit of 6 hours to get to Webster NY from the Derby CT area (Heavenly Donuts?) we should leave early enough to allow for a few bio breaks (and to possibly give CPR to Frank T to revive him from breathing in his Z fumes :P ).

I am suggesting an 8 AM departure Friday morning from Derby CT. This should give us enough "easy" travel time, breakfast at the Roscoe Diner and allowing us to check into the hotel, relax and then head over to the Great Lakes Classic Car gig in Hilton NY which the Rochester club guys have so graciously arranged for us on Friday night.

The nice folks at GLCC put out quite a spread, and the auto eye candy was awesome last year when I attended. :thumbs_up:

Those of you wishing to join us should reply to this message so we can leave for NY together.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next