Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:36 am 

That time again, sent in my pre reg for the Saturday May 5 show. It's a rain or shine event. Always a great time. You can go to rhinebeckcarshow.com for info. Here's a pic from 2011 with a nice z turnout, even had a zany member present.

Attachments:
100_1252 (1).jpg
100_1252 (1).jpg [ 317.28 KiB | Viewed 2671 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:02 pm 

This event is highly recommended.
For me, I think the best things about Rhinebeck are that it's centrally-located to 3 or 4 states, easy to get to by major highways, HUGE state-fairgrounds-size display areas of rolling grassy hills, bright sun with shade trees, and a hundred vendor tents. Cars park together by types so it's easy to seek out the cars you are interested in. Miles of walking though, so if you tire easily you should bring a good dirt bicycle, electric bike, Segway, Hoverboard or whatever to get you around. I've never eaten anything there so I can't speak to the food, but I've met Z nuts there from every single Z car club I've ever heard of and some I never did. They all ate and I don't think any of them died.

Another interesting feature of years past (maybe still?) was a large fenced-in corral of 'for sale' cars. All types and descriptions offered. One year I kinda fell in love with a really solid old classic fat-fendered pickup truck full of beehives which turned out to belong to our member Mike Englehardt (who was wisely seated a safe distance away). He offered it to me for a very friendly price, with no extra charge for the bees. :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:11 pm 

The blue z in this pic was Sullys z, God rest his soul. Was always a pleasure to see him at various events i stil! Attend. He was a regular at Bear Mountain cruise in.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:03 am 

It's hard to head out to these events, remembering Sully and his family, Colin Foote and now Bill Moreau. We need to enjoy these times together for them, and think of how much fun they had there in years past.
We've shared a lot of miles with our missing Z friends.

Frank