Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:26 pm 

Still.......if only a few of y'all show up for my funeral, I'm gonna be really torqued. I won't care about your excuse.

I'll be there to tend the open bar in your honor.

Al

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:57 pm 

Thanks bro ~ I know I can count on you, too.

Put the bill on my tab.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:47 am 

I'm announcing this in a couple categories because this one idea applies to several aspects of our Club.

When we lost our devoted member Bill Moreau last month, it occured to me that we Clubbies have more than 9 years of photographs of Bill which his family has never seen. In fact, most of us have pictures of him we haven't even shared with each other yet. Bill made almost all our Monthly Meetings and nearly every event we offered during his 9 year membership with us.

This project asks you to send us any and all pictures you might have of Bill over those years, to be included together on a disc to be given to Bill's family for Christmas.

This isn't hard. Our Webmaster and President Emeritus Jim Hagani has volunteered to receive all pictures we have of Bill and disc them.

Jim has set up a dedicated email address for us to send all "Bill pictures" to:

billmoreauphotos@gmail.com

Please search your archives and send all your photos of Bill Moreau to that address. Please be "photo-generous" so we can show Bill's family how much fun we had with him behind their backs. Consider how much this might mean to your own family if the story were about you.

Thanks in advance for all your generous photo donations.
We shared a lot of miles with Bill Moreau.

Frank

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:48 pm 

Thanks to everyone who has sent in their pictures of Bill Moreau so far. This will make an excellent Christmas gift to the Moreau family.
Final editing has begun so now is the time for you to submit or add any last-minute photos you want to include in the DVD.

Remember all you have to do is email them to this dedicated address:

billmoreauphotos@gmail.com

Thanks,
Frank

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:26 pm 

I am happy to report that our Club submitted about 200 excellent photos of Bill Moreau and the best ones were choZen for a disc. Thanks to each and every one of you who took the time to pore through your archives and send us your best shots of Bill during his 9 years as a member of the CTZCC.

Very special thanks to our incredible webmaster, Jim Hagani, who put together an excellent photo slideshow and enclosed the disc in a presentation case. Jim did a really professional job on this project and I'm especially grateful to him for doing it over the busy holiday weeks. This was the Moreau family's first holiday zeason without Bill and this made a fitting and meaningful gift.

I considered one of the 200 photos exceptional and had several copies of it printed and framed for members of Bill's family. It was a completely candid shot, not posed at all (in fact he looks unaware it was being taken) with blurred background and him in sharp focus. I can't even tell you who submitted it or at which event it was taken, but it's a great shot.

Bill's family and I made several attempts to meet so I could present the disc in person. Despite our best efforts, the holidays, travel, family illnesses, distance, heavy weather or unexpected work obligations conspired to foil our every attempt. We finally agreed it was best just to mail the package to a family member so they could finally all enjoy it.

Bill's daughter Amy volunteered to receive the package and sends the Club heartfelt thanks on behalf of Bill's entire family. She was heartfelt and moving over the phone and here's her message to the Club:

"Hi Frank!

The special delivery was so touching! Just got done watching the slideshow and love the framed picture of dad. Please pass along our thank You’s to the CT Z Car Club for being so thoughtful and generous. I can’t wait to share all of this with the family.

Hope all is well!
Amy"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:45 pm 

Bill would have turned 73 years old tmrw, Sun/14Mar21. Spare him a thought during your day.

Since Bill's death the VA has declared that any Vietnam Veteran who contracts the very rare cancer AML is automatically presumed to have got it during his/her service in Vietnam, making them eligible for Service-Connected disability benefits.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:44 pm 

I was thinking of Bill while taking a Z ride Thursday. I really miss that guy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:13 pm 

Bill would have been 74 this year. Somehow, five years have passed since his race ended. That doesn't seem possible to me. Remember him on 19Sep.

His daughter Amy, who provided such a touching memorial to her dad at our 2017 Annual Fall Outing, is finally considering selling his 300. Watch the CARS FOR SALE forum to see if she actually decides to let it go. It must be incredibly hard for her to think about parting with it.

Frank