Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:57 pm 

Well the official count was 92 cars, which included about five that rolled in toward the end of the outing. This surpassed the prior record by at least ten cars and I think we finally may have reached capacity (although the rear yard could be tapped - don't mention that to Brenda)!

What a great day! It was so awesome to see dozens of the "old gang" as well as to meet so many new faces. I am very thankful to my wonderful wife for putting up with my Z illness as well as my good neighbors and those that came early to set up and stayed late to tear down.

I thank Frank for his birthday serenade but more importantly, for his touching tribute to Bill Moreau. I am still in shock that Bill is gone. Along with Tommy Sullivan, he was one of the "good guys". The guys that really care about their friends and make life fun. The Z world has lost one of its most passionate hobbyists in Bill Moreau. And we have all lost a great friend.

Thanks go to Ben Rosen for donating two of his incredible paintings and to RDZ for their contributions to the raffle table. And we must not forget Bob Sharp, who was with us in spirit and who generously donated the framed posters. Also, ________________ generously donated the 240Z model! (who was it that handed that to me?)

I thank Jim Hagani who jumped right in and helped Brenda keeping food rolling out of the kitchen and kept the line moving. Thanks also go to Alan Dempsey who served as the event's official photographer. Alan says he is getting too old to climb out the window onto the balcony, so we will need to purchase a hoist to get him up there next year. There were many people that brought desserts and helped out in many other ways.

Thanks to all who attended who made my 30th birthday a very special day.

Seriously, I can't think of a better way to have celebrated!

What an awesome day! Z you next year!

Ross

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:57 pm 

Thank you Brenda and Ross for the great food, great weather and another memorable Z car gathering. I enjoyed meeting club members that I didn't meet last year, people that I've only known from the clubs website, and last years Rochester caravan members John K, Michael K, Paul and good ole Frank T (who refused to put on those thongs hanging from his mirror). :twisted: :shock: :D Sorry I couldn't find you before leaving Frank. Another totally awesome outing. 8) :mrgreen: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Howard J

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:50 am 
Site Admin

What an absolutely PERFECT day!

Huge thanks to the entire Williams crew who worked very hard before, during and, I'm sure, long after the Outing to give all of us a day we will be talking about for a long time to come.

- Jim

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:16 am 

Well yesterday's Z picnic was a blast! My dad and I had a really great time. It was especially nice to finally meet many of you, and of course to admire the many Z cars (510 and GTR as well).

Ross and Brenda, your house is beautiful and you are wonderful hosts. Thank you so much for doing this. We had a day we will not forget!

Frank, it was great meeting you and seeing your 240z! I told my dad the backstory on it before hand, he still can't believe you found your old car again!

John, it was great to finally meet you and Mike! Thank you for allowing me to borrow your tools, still can't believe I forgot to bring some. My car made it home without incident although I can't say I want a little stressed wondering if it would start pinging again. I think I took too much timing out as she's a bit sluggish now, but at least she ran without complaint. More tuning on the horizon for me I guess.

Jay

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:27 am 

Jay, it was great to finally meet you and your dad. It's always good to put a face to a name and we expect to zee you at as many of our Club events and monthly meetings as you feel possible. I can't quit grinning, thinking about how your dad must have felt like a kid in Candyland! All those Zs in one place, which he has loved since he was a boy. Hopefully this event will lead him to at least consider buying one of his own sometime in the future. We would gladly give him free advice about what to watch for.
Your 260 is beautiful and I didn't notice a single thing it needs. You must be so proud! Hopefully, you let your dad drive it some on the way home?
Thank you both for driving all this way and back to share our special day with us. You were special attractions for the day :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:
Frank

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:37 am 

Thank you Frank. It was a priveledge to attend. What a wonderful group of people!

I think my Dad is probably still in shock! He took many pictures and had a wonderful time. It couldn't have been better honestly.

I'm looking forward to attending more events whenever possible, and looking forward to next year's picnic!

Dad did not drive although I did offer several times. I think he was just enjoying the ride.

Jay

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:01 pm 

THE BEST EVER!!!

My heartfelt thanks to Ross and Brenda for hosting the best Z event yet.

Great to visit with old and new friends.

Jay, I'm glad we got to meet with you and your dad and that you both made it home OK after making that minor timing adjustment :D

BTW, my Clymer manual for your 260Z calls for 7deg. BTDC at 750RPM, engine warm, vacuum line removed from distributor and plugged.

Enjoy the ride

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:19 pm 

Thanks again John. It was a pleasure meeting you and Mike!

Jay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:02 am 

What a great time indeed, thanks Ross and Brenda for everything. Perfect weather, good food and the most amount of Z's :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: and thanks to all that helped , participated, brought a Z, and talk Z's. :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:02 pm 

Sounds like Barbara and I missed a great day.
We were in RI for a friends daughters wedding.
If there were any way to have done both we would have done it.

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:52 am 

Hi All,

I just learned yesterday of a horrific incident that occurred at our Fall Outing this past Saturday. A coworker I invited was warmly greeted by a club member and asked if he arrived in a Z. My coworker stated "no, but I had a lot of friends with these cars growing up. In fact my best friend had a Z28".
Thank you for complying with the club's no violence policy.

Ross

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:57 am 

:lol: hahaha! I think that might have been me. A man with his two sons? Maybe thinking of the wrong person; I had 1,000 conversations that day. Someone came in announcing they saw Mike Rosann's "ZClub" sign at the roadside, and bragged they once had a Z28 Chevy Camaro. I told them we forgive them and welcomed them to come in and enjoy the "real Zs". 8)
Whoever it was, I plead Guilty without excuse. There was aggressive bodily contact in the form of three handshakes. Hope they recover quickly.
Frank

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:06 pm 

Good to hear it was a raving success.
I regret not having gone. 777 wasn't ready. As most know it's undergoing reconstructive surgery.
Plus I had some family issues.
Zee you all next year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:06 pm 

Please have patience, all. I'm trying to crop and adjust each photo for the traditional album. I hope to have it posted in a day or so. And Ross...I never mentioned "too old". What I did say was "being older than I care to admit". I know...splitting hairs!

The 12th Annual CTZCC Outing was a super event. Sooo many Zs. Everything from "works in progress" to perfectly restored beauties. The chili dogs were wonderful. Thanks Brenda and Ross for your super efforts. The arrival of Bill Moreau's family in his favorite Z put a warm feeling on this super day. I believe they all felt very much at home. Frank, you were spot on with Bill's eulogy. I'm so glad I brought the poster of Bill and his ZCON trophies.

It was really great to see so many Z friends in one location. We may not have had monthly meetings but we sure had a whopper in October. It was certainly worth the wait!!

Alan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:47 am 

Happy New Year to all, and yea I know it's almost February! My sincere apologies to all.

FINALLY!!! I have worked my way past a hard time with Google Photo and other things going on and now have a photo album of the CTZCC 12th Annual Z Outing post. It certainly was a spectacular event. Ross' count of 92 Zs on his front lawn was something to see. Frank's eulogy of Bill Moreau was an emotional event for all who knew Bill. He certainly will be missed.

Please enjoy,

Alan

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ylak0NHeMS2GpRw42

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next