Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:24 pm 

Frank T wrote:
Wow. Wow.
No matter how this turns out, that has to be the very best Z-story of 2016!!! And you're a surpriZingly excellent writer! You should give serious consideration to a career of writing books for others' enjoyment. :thumbs_up:

I love the idea of Zs returning to their prior owners. That's what happened to me and my 240, and the 22 years btwn ownerships gave me plenty of time to recogniZe how much that particular car meant to me.

Hey, you're both still young. You two might generate some deal where you each own Daisy for 4-5 years and keep selling her back and forth to each other. :mrgreen:

Thank you, Marissa ~ you just made my day happy. I hope this works out for both of you. If I had any spare room at all, I'd buy this car from you myself.

Frank

After 22 years you managed to find your Z again? That's amazing, I'm currently trying to find the current owner of my dad's old 65 fastback mustang. But that's a different story.

Brooke (the girl who owned it before me) and I definitely plan to keep in touch for sure, so there is definitely a major possibility this car could end up back in my hands again. But even if it doesn't I have no doubt it would be in a good home. She drove over an hour just to see the car again; she had no idea I was going to offer her to drive it. Even if a deal doesn't work out, I'm pretty satisfied that I finally found a previous owner that actually had a story with the car.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:30 pm 

FM6 wrote:
What a great story on your cars past, I am glad it seems to be working out for you.
I have seen your e-bay post and wondered how that was going looks like you might not need that after all.

Yeah, I initially had no idea what to expect from posting it on eBay; obviously I've never experienced trying to sell a car online, and I'm glad that it appears I won't need it. I had received multiple offers I was very close to taking, but I always looked up the person's profile, and every single person was very far away (Florida, Illinois, etc.) So I messaged them saying I didn't really want to sell the car without at least meeting the possible new owner (being that this car is pretty special to me) and nobody could really work out a deal with that as I assume they'd be having a company ship it to them. So no luck with eBay really but I think its for the better.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:04 pm 

That was a fat-fingered TypeO; it was actually 23 years.