Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:51 pm 

Due to work and family commitments, I have decided to step down as the club president.

It has been a pleasure to serve in this capacity over the past year, however I have not been able to commit the time to the club that is needed to properly up hold the office’s responsibilities. Running a club of this size and with such a robust schedule requires a great deal of planning and time commitment from all the club management. I sincerely thank the officers for helping to manage the club through the 2015 season, especially Jim and Ross who have put their heart and soul into this club.

The officers have met over the past several weeks and unfortunately, all are suffering similar time constraint issues. We have decided to alter the club management structure for the 2016 season while undertaking recruitment efforts to identify additional leadership candidates and to lessen the burden on the core officers going forward while maintaining the season’s activities.

We are now detailing the 2016 season calendar of events and will be publishing it to the web site soon. Stay tuned for updates.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:51 am 

Put me in, Coach! Check your inbox, Phil.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:32 pm 

Thanks Filipe! The management appreciates your support.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:37 am 

Thank you Phil for the great work and keeping the ball rolling for the club. Let us give a big support to the officers working their hardest to give us a good year in 2016. Thank you all. In light of things, the Show must go one. So whatever it takes. Volunteer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:03 pm 

Uncle Phil, I receive this news with regret, but I fully understand your plight. Even as a lesser officer I was routinely dedicating 30hrs/wk to my own position and my work product never seemed to be completely up to my own standards. And I was retired and had more time than most to dedicate to my position!
You've served a good, hard year and I personally recogniZed a few meetings or events at which you might have used a bit more sleep. Yet you CHEERFULLY made the trip from the FroZen North all the way down to the coast for the meetings and events. That doesn't go unnoticed, and we thank you for it.
I keep reminding myself that Ross did everything single-handedly for years. I still don't know why it didn't drive him craZy.
While any officer position in the CTZCC is demanding, the office of PreZident clearly weighs most. The incumbent must have a clear vision and understanding of the Club, display boundless energy and initiative, be a Public Relations Grand Master, and be able to spontaneously integrate and communicate with individuals and other clubs. He must be a bit of a salesman as well, and convince sponsors and supporters it's worth their time to engage the CTZCC in all our endeavors. It's not an easy job to assume and should require knowledge of all the off-screen effort and planning required to make this Club run.
You've dedicated an excellent year to us, Phil, and we thank you! Well done, Sir!
Do you have an effective date, and will VP Greg Emmons assume duty at that point?

Frank

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:25 am 

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Phil for taking on the Presidency role last year. We have hundreds of people in this club but very few that actually have the time, energy and inclination to serve as officers. Phil has been a mainstay of this club since the beginning - in fact even before the beginning. Pasted below is a photo of Phil from pre-CTZCC days at a show put on by the "Bob Sharp Z Car Club" circa 2001. I think this means I have known Phil for about 15 years! That is a long time in "club years" (which are like dog years). Prior to serving as President Phil served for many years as our official club photographer, documenting just about every meeting and event since day one. He could always be relied upon to be "on-duty" sometimes missing out on the fun to instead, document it.

It's not easy being President of such a large club and we should applaud Phil for his willingness to take on that role. Despite a very important and demanding job, he has always given of his time generously and without complaint. Like everywhere else in life, the club and our officers need to continuously try new things, make needed changes and focus on ever-changing priorities. The fact that Phil is stepping down simply means that the club is entering a new chapter.

Thank you Phil for your efforts to lead the club while juggling a whole lot of other competing priorities.

I look forward to many more years of your active participation and calling you my friend.

Sincerely, Ross

Attachments:
PA200051.jpg
PA200051.jpg [ 70.61 KiB | Viewed 10929 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:25 am 

....."club years" (which are like dog years)....

Haha! How very true!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:15 pm 

Hear, hear, I Second what Ross said "Thank you Phil for your efforts to lead the club while juggling a whole lot of other competing priorities. I look forward to many more years of your active participation and calling you my friend."

That fact the Ross, Jim, and Phil represent the CTZCC presidential history is just awesome. All great guys, great leaders, and good friends to many. They set the leadership bar for all of us to follow. Thanks to each of them. While none of them call themselves President anymore, they continue to keep the current officer committee engaged to make the most of this year and years to follow. Hopefully, we can groom some new blood to carry on in leadership roles along the way.

Z you on the road.