Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:03 pm 

Thank you all for the kind words. I know the club will march on without skipping a beat - and I'll be there to watch. When I started the club in 2005, I never imagined that I would some day be compared to George Washington, which might be a tad of an overstatement. But Frank is right about one thing: the success of this club will be remembered by me as one of the best things I've ever been involved with.

I also want to highlight one person that has been with me from the very beginning. If he wasn't there from day 1, he was there from day 2. At that very first gathering, Jim Hagani casually mentioned to me that he could throw a website together if I wanted. Imagine if I had said "nah, don't worry about it!" He quickly got it up and running and it turned out to be the high performance engine that grew and held this club together over the years. While I don't want to downplay anyone else's role, we would be nowhere without our web-site. Not only do we have one, not only is it functional, but it goes above and beyond any other car club site that I've come across. Guess what comes up first on the list when you Google "datsun z club in ct"? Many new members tell us that that is how they found us. It has served as a silent Officer helping with recruitment, connecting our members, publicizing our events, showcasing our cars and everything in between.

So I want to say a very public "thanks Jim" for being my partner from the very beginning. It has been a great pleasure working with such a dedicated professional, who also loves Zs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:12 pm 

Big thank you to Ross and all of the other officers that help make this club run.

This club is one of the biggest deciding factors in buying my first Z several months ago! Having a helpful, friendly, knowledgeable, and local community has been a godsend for a young enthusiast like myself to learn how to maintain and enjoy my Z.

Ross, thank you so much for your years of service!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:43 pm 

Hats off to you Ross. Thank you for bringing all of us together.

As my Dad has said to me many times, none of the other marque club meetings and gatherings he's attended (Triumph and other Brit marques) had anywhere near the enthusiasm and dedication of this great little Z club. You, my friend, 'nailed it' as they say...

Many humble thanks to you and your family,
Colin

1970 Datsun 240z #11137

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:36 pm 

This is very sad news. Ross if not for you starting this club I would have never met so many amazing people. Thanks for all of your hard work! I look forward to seeing you in member attire next year. You'll always be President to us. :D

Post subject: stepping Down
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:50 pm 

Ross,
I've been racking my mind on what to say when the day came and what I remember is contacting you many years ago when the first attempt was made to start the club, and you said you would contact me if enough interest was there to try again. That you did, and I thank you for being persistent in making this work. We have all this to thank you for. I;m looking forward to having you enjoy what you created as we have from the start.
Thanks buddy for all the sacrifices you went through taking acre of us all. I hope we can do close to as good of a job for you. I'll be interested to hear your comments "from the other side" (or maybe not?). Enjoy the off season and we'll see you at next years meetings.
Greg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

Ross.Williams wrote:
I want to say a very public "thanks Jim" for being my partner from the very beginning. It has been a great pleasure working with such a dedicated professional, who also loves Z's.

Thanks, Ross....For many different reasons, I'm happy and honored that I was fortunate enough to have been with you from the club's beginning. Over the past seven years, you've established an incredibly high standard that will be near impossible for any single person to meet...fortunately, the club now has a great group of officers but I stilll remember how impressed I was by how effectively you were able to do just about all the planning/organizing/P.R. work by yourself.

To say you leave a "void" behind is an understatement, but I'm confident everyone in the club is going to rise to the challenge as we continue to find ways to take the CTZCC in new and exciting directions. I'm especially excited about having new volunteers step forward and pitch in some time, energy and ideas, because that is ultimately the fuel that will keep this club accelerating.

- Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:16 pm 

Ross,
It's hard to top what already has been said. Thank you for all that you have done. See you in the spring !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:50 pm 

Frank,

I'd like to echo your comments regading Jim Hagani and his contributions to the club to date. If Ross provided the glue that brought us all together, Jim provided the binder that keeps us that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:48 pm 

Agreed. The original crew of officers was a unique blend, that's for certain. Like the original Founding Fathers, there were some very good ideas and common goals expressed.

Like the second generation of our country's leaders, the Club's new leadership will draw from the past, mold for the present and plan for the future. I foresee many many happy years of success for this Club, and hundreds if not thousands of new friendships yet to be forged.

When our youngest members are grey grandfathers, they will still talk of how Ross Williams had a vision, gathered and inspired others, and pushed a small snowball over the top of a very long hill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:38 pm 

A huge thank you is in order to you Ross, even when I'm in between Z cars i'm still pushing our fine club to other Z nuts to check out our site and join in the brother/sister hood.. I was at the last Bob Sharp Z car club show at Bobs former dealership in Wilton and was very impressed with the turnout at that show, little did i know that the club was in it's waining stages... Ross revitalized the club in 05 and really jump started it and brought it back to life to the level it's at today.... Again Ross, thank you so much for all you've done for the club and of course we all look forward to your "new life" as a member...

Post subject: Ross
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:42 am 

Ross, I will keep this short and simple. You did a great job and we will all miss you as our leader. I hope the next person does a good job too, but those are huge shoes to fill. You created a brotherhood, not just a car club.
Thank you for all your time and effort. Joe Plescia.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:33 pm 

Ross, sorry to hear of your retirement. You have more than earned it. I was thinking about you as I puttered around in my garage this weekend. An old trophy I have was from an '02 Bob Sharp Z Club annual Z meet. I remember you were there running much of the event. So that's a least 10 yrs. of giving of yourself to other Z owners so that they could enjoy. And enjoy we all have, particularly the incomparable opening up of your home for an annual Club party. Under your stewardship, the Z club has prospered beyond all expectations and the members have enjoyed (at no expense!) some of the coolest most worthwhile events of any club. I'm grinning as I remember a few years ago our 2 Z's hustling to Carlisle, PA for the Import Nationals event where you represented us. You reprented all of us with class,integrity and a sincere welcome. Our best thank you for all you've done is for all the members to pitch in and donate time and effort to continue making this Z Club the best it can be. I will e-mail to the officers my support in 2013 to run an event or host a meeting in the upper Fairfiled County/New Haven County area.
Ross, yu da man!!...................thanks for the memories.

2015 Frontier Crew
2019 Shelby GT350
1970 Mustang Fastback restomod
2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
203-331-3302
pauljensenrealtor@gmail.com

Post subject: Thanks Ross
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:28 pm 

Thanks Ross for a job well done. I understand why you're stepping down and appreciate ALL your efforts to date. Look forward to seeing you appear at the meetings intermittently but in a different light and hopefully with a lot less stress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:24 am 

It's about Quality in life, I truely understand. Obsession can turn into depression which in return gives you frustration which in return gives you poor quality in life. So if you want to throw the towel in and have a good quality life with your family, then very understood. You have done an ultimate job with this club, and it will go on with YOU as the legacy who started this. When I think about electricity, I think about Thomas Edison, when I think about a great Z club in America, I think ROSS WILLIAMS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:41 pm 

!!!!!!!!ROSS WILLIAMS FOR PRESIDENT EMERITUS!!!!!!!!

Not much I can add to what's already been said; however:

1. In addition to the obvious leadership and organizational
skills that Ross has displayed over the years, I don't think
that any of us could ask for a more sincere, dedicated, and
loyal friend. Isn't that what this Club is all about?-- Well,
Ross epitomized those qualities and I am but one beneficiary.

2. It was my loss and Kathy's not to be affiliated with Ross
(and Brenda, of course!) for those first eight years. But
these past two years have been wonderful, and a lot of that
is directly attributable to Ross.

3. What size shoes did someone say had now to be filled?
Did I hear size 32EEEEEEEEEEE from someone in the back?

1969 Z.CAR (#00013 10/69) 8/30/76
1969 ITSA.Z (#00171 11/69) 8/24/73
1970 OLD.Z (#06289 6/70) original owner
1971 510 2dr since 12/31/75
1969 1600 rdstr (our 160-Z)
1971 (#19851 1/71) sold
1975 75.Z (#01343 1/75)