Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Frank Thomas Steps Down
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:38 pm 

It is with great regret that I announce that Frank Thomas has decided to step down as Membership Director of the CTZCC. Frank took on this role in June 2008 and developed it into a model for other Z clubs to follow. During the time that Frank led this important position, membership swelled from about 140 members to over 570 today. He has been a welcoming presence in person, on the discussion forums and via e-mail to hundreds of our members. Many of our out-of-town members joined specifically because of their relationship with Frank.

The officers of the club express our profound appreciation to Frank for his leadership, friendship and dedication to the club during these past few years.

Last edited by Ross.Williams on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:06 pm 

Awwww. :( he is so great at the position! Hope everything is ok. We love ya Frank!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:28 pm 

Frank, you've left some big shoes to fill.... Your enthusiasm for the club has been unbelievable over the past years. Hopefully your contributions to the workings of the club will live on with the same vigor that you introduced them with.

Thank you!

Last edited by phil280zxt on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:28 pm 

Thanks for everything Frank. It's been a true pleasure working with you as an officer and becoming friends along the way. I hope you'll continue to enjoy this geat club you helped grow.

Remember, as a great man once said, "you can't quit a free club".

Z ya around.

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:30 pm 

Keith.H wrote:
Thanks for everything Frank. It's been a true pleasure working with you as an officer and becoming friends along the way. I hope you'll continue to enjoy this geat club you helped grow.

Remember, as a great man once said, "you can't quit a free club".

Z ya around.

That is very true Keith :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:26 pm 

Frank - you were my first contact with CTZCC and it could not have been warmer if in person. Many thanks for your words of encouragement and fellowship across the miles. Just because you are relinquishing your office does not lesson the burden of leadership and fraternity.

Looking forward to seeing many more of your insightful and humorous comments in the forums.

Again - many thanks,
Jim

ZCON 2015 Gold Cup - Street Modified class

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:06 am 

well on a positive note we can finally give you gifts if we want. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:40 am 
Site Admin

You've contributed so much of yourself to this club, Frank, it's difficult to remember the time before you became integrally involved.

All of us owe you a huge "Thank You Frank!", especially anyone who didn't take the opportunity to do so often over the years. Unfortunately, there will always be some people who take and take but give very little in return. You are just the opposite - your seemingly boundless enthusiasm and selflessness were obvious from the beginning.

The way I see it, you've put in your time and now it's your turn to sit back, relax and simply enjoy the club that you helped sustain.

See you soon,

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:46 am 

yep if it wasn't for Frank i wouldn't be where i am right now. So thank you Frank for all your help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:19 am 

Ahhhh man, how we gona replace a man like that. Well, 2 thumbs up for a great job Frank. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:20 am 

Frank,
Are you coming to Utah???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:54 am 

Thanks for the good words, y'all. It makes me happy to think I contributed some good to this great Club. I am honored to have served such a wonderful and successful organiZation.

While I have your ear for a moment, I'll take the opportunity to whisper a word about our great CTZCC Officers, with whom it was my honor to serve for more than 3 yrs. These guys (as you know) are unpaid volunteers. No CTZCC Officer can realiZe any personal gain from his position. A lot of Club activity takes place behind the scenes which most members never learn of. Your officers are very busy most of the month, planning and arranging meetings and events and dealing with personal member situations, to ensure you get the very most enjoyment from your FREE Club. It is not an exaggeration to describe some of their Club obligations as 'part time jobs'. (I know the MbrshpDir position represented btwn 18-30hrs/wk for me. Most other positions demand similar dedication).

Having said that, I will stress that the CTZCC is this successful because of some simple, sound policies. Other clubs (not just Z clubs) have followed other paths, and I have watched many of them dwindle and die while we have thrived and grown. That tells me we're doing something right, which DRAWS MEMBERS. We're offering some things which respectable family members WANT and EXPECT from a decent Z club. We've never had a fight, an arrest, a lawsuit, or an eviction. We enjoy an enviable reputation within our state and among other Z clubs. I consider that to be not coincidence, but directly attributable to our Officers' common-sense planning and policies.

So following the old adages, "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT" and "DON'T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU", I strongly urge each of you to support the efforts of our Club Officers to the best of your individual abilities. PLEASE DON'T add to their burdens or generate grief by whining or complaining about how things are run here or how things might be 'improved'. If you disagree with how this club is run, go start your own. Be a gentleman and just leave quietly. Don't insult your Officers by insisting that you should become the exception to the Club policy or by implying that if we charged dues we could have more fun, or whatever. This Club is what it is. It has shown a positive growth cycle for the past many years, so what your Officers are doing ~ WORKS.

Our Officers are running on their own hamster wheels as fast as their lives allow, to afford you as much fun and safety as possible in a FREE club. Get behind them and push whenever you can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:32 pm 

Sad to see you go, Frank. You'll still hang out with the club, right? :(

-Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:47 pm 

rumor has it that frank has taken the position of membership director of the new england neon club, starting now!! good luck in your new position.all kidding aside, frank has been a good friend to me and the club and has put in countless hours to make this club what it is today.it is said, you can't quit a free club, and i will not quit a good friend!!!!!!! frank, your the best !!!!!!! who can fill those shoes??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:58 am 

I guess I'll have to get a neon then. :wink: :D