Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:52 pm 

I am speechless. Thank you with all my heart. There should be a picture of the guys in this club in the dictionary under the description of " real men".
My life is better for getting to be your ( long distance) friend. Kathy and Rick invited me here and everyone else made me feel welcome.

Shelly has had inflammatory breast cancer, chemo, double masctomy, radiation, grand mal seizure, golf ball size brain tumor,surgery to remove brain tumor,grand mal seizure, A pop can size brain tumor (that grew in 3 weeks) surgery to remove, a grand mal seizure, silver dollar size brain tumor,surgery to remove, All in exactly 12 months to the day and then 6 weeks of radiation . We will have another mri brain scan in mid september. The last mri done mid way during radiation has a spot on it that we are concerned about but could be swelling from surgery, radiation or another tumor. But until mid september we are in remission and celebrating every minute of it. Our prayers are now for Shelly to have a clear mri in september and that God would allow her many more years.
We also pray for thanks for everyone of you guys and that your families will be safe from harm.
Thank you again.

1980 280 zx coupe
2005 Pathfinder
1971 240 z
1982 280zx, 1977 &1974 corvettes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:02 pm 

I pray for your endurance, Bill.
Please read Job this weekend. It can change our entire perspective on adversity.

Try to get a few minutes in your Z, alone. :wink:

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:10 am 

Thanks Ross, good Idea. Bill glad to hear from you, and things are going ok, and pray it keeps gettin better, God Bless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:54 pm 

I found out today that we are no longer in remission. Shelly's cancer is back with at least one tumor in the neck. The biopsy report came back today. In exactly one week (next wednesday) we will have a PET scan to see if and/or where else in her body it has spread. I am out of words except to ask you to Please pray for her . thank you.

1980 280 zx coupe
2005 Pathfinder
1971 240 z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:25 pm 

Thanks for letting us know Bill. I will be thinking of and praying for both of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:09 pm 

You are both in our prayers Bill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:34 pm 

And in mine.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:23 am 

We got the results of Shelly's PET scan back yesterday afternoon and the cancer is back and in 4 new places ,her neck, her left tonsil area, the lymph nodes under her left arm, and her lungs. I'm at the hospital in the waitng area , using their public use computor to post this . Right now Shelly is in prep for surgery to install a port for injections. It is about 9:00 A.M. now and at 11:30 she is scheduled to have this round of Chemo start. The doctors are not wasting a moment on treatment. That's a good thing. However our oncologist called me from his home last night and we had a good hour long conversation about Shelly. She was asleep and isn't aware of the conversation. He told me we have 6 months to a year at best. Once this type of cancer hits multiple places it moves faster than even before. She had grown a popcan size tumor on her brain in 3 weeks before .I had asked him in the beginning to be completely up front with me about this because I have to be prepared for not only Shelly but our two kids and her parents. I hope you guys don't mind me laying this out for you but I consider this clubs members to be my long distance friends and family and I know that you will pray for Shelly. She is one of the kindest most beautiful people you could ever meet in this world.If you could meet her face to face you would instantly like her. Even in her phyiscal state now she continues to go out of her way to help people. That's the type of person she is. Thank you all for your concern.
I also want to ask for continued prayers for Kathy and Rick Morgan. You guys have met them face to face and know what great people they are. Kathy and Rick have both been an inspiration and source of strength for me even in their tough times. They are truly wonderful people.
Heres wishing everyone who reads this a great and Blessed day.
May your Z's run strong, straight and true.

1980 280 zx coupe
2005 Pathfinder
1971 240 z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:22 pm 

Hi Bill,
I am very sorry to hear this. We are standing behind you out here and hope and pray for the best. I wish all 450 of us could show up and help you win this war. Sincerely, Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:34 pm 

Bill, the Club extends our figurative hands to you and Shelly at this tough moment. You're not going this alone. We send our prayers and concern to each of you there. I'm surprised and dismayed that your respite was so brief between bouts.

When Shelly is awake again, please tell her all 450 of her 'faceless friends' around the Z world send her a kiss and want to zee her recover from this if possible.

PS ~ it speaks volumes about you, that you would express concern for your fellow members during your own tribulations.

I will not forget that.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:03 pm 

To Bill in Nebraska,
You, shelly,and the kids will be in our thoughts and prayers, we know and understand the Battle that is ahead for you and hope and pray for the best.
Like I've said before that I too have been through that Battle with my father
for years with his battle with cancer not fun and very tiresome.
may the lord give you and your family strength at this hard time.
Sincerely,
Scott Cole and Family.

Black 2007 350-Z
67 Camaro Custom
Orange Late 71 240-Z Sold and sitting in a Doctors Collection

Colin Foote Never Forgotten!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:05 am 

I just wanted to give you guys an update on my wife. 3 weeks ago Shelly decided that she could not stand any more chemo. For the past couple months she has been spending more and more time in bed until it became an hour out of bed and 23 hours in. The pain in her body and head became much worse. The most powerful pain killers wouldn't faze it. She is very thin and I have to work to get her to eat enough.Her eyes started failing her.The doctor said it was the chemo that was causing it. It was keeping her aive but destroying her body at the same time. With her cancer being so aggressive now that we have stopped chemo her time will be short. There is no way of knowing just how long.She is only 43 years old,11 years younger than me and that's just too darn young to suffer in this way.
I can't tell you how many times I've broke down and cried in my ZX on the way to and from work lately.
Shelly has never complained one time throughout this whole illness and is always concerned about everyone else around her.
She encouraged me to purchase another project to give me something to keep me occupied and not grieve too much when she is gone this summer.I found one and when it arrives in a week or two I will tell you about it.
She is a GREAT wife and partner and it will be tough without her. One of her biggest concerns right now is that she may not be here long enough for our son (Taylor) to graduate high school in May.

1980 280 zx coupe
2005 Pathfinder
1971 240 z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:12 am 

Lord, what a desperate, hopeless feeling that must be. I can only imagine what you and your kids must be going thru. I can't fathom watching someone I love struggle thru something like that.

There are blessings in every tragedy Bill. Many of us have lost loved ones in the flash of a moment, unexpectedly. They left for a short time and never came home. There was no time to say those final things, share those precious final moments, ask and answer silent questions. Those scenarios wrench a major, painful chunk out of family's hearts without warning. Most of us live out the remainder of our lives wishing we had made time to sit and say important things before it happened. We would trade all our possessions for the chance to see them one final moment, thank them for what they've meant to our lives, and tell them just once more how very much we love them.

Shelly is suffering, so each one of you is, too. But this time you have together can be filled with hundreds of opportunities to share meaningful thoughts and memories. I can name you two handsful of friends who would willingly trade the circumstances of their tragedy, for yours.

We all die. It was never God's will ~ death is Satan's device. But the Bible promises he'll be defeated in time and there will be a Resurrection, and we'll be reunited again with everyone we ever knew and loved. And without sin, or sickness, or death, or tears, or evil, our world will return to the Eden it was intended to be. And man 'shall live in the Earth forever'.

No matter how long it takes, in our next moment of consciousness we will awake from the grave and be whole, and healthy, and perfect. You can count on that, and look forward to it. Shelly should, too.

I wish you didn't have to suffer thru this, but you do. We all do. It's part of Satan's nasty, evil system. When he's defeated, we'll all dance in celebration, and I'll ask your permission to dance with Shelly.

Tell her I said so.

God Bless you, buddy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:03 am 

Scott.Cole wrote:
To Bill in Nebraska,
You, shelly,and the kids will be in our thoughts and prayers, we know and understand the Battle that is ahead for you and hope and pray for the best.
Like I've said before that I too have been through that Battle with my father
for years with his battle with cancer not fun and very tiresome.
may the lord give you and your family strength at this hard time.
Sincerely,
Scott Cole and Family.

Well said Frank I don't think anyone could of said it any better.

Bill Stay strong my Friend, the children will feed off of your strength,
I can only Imagine what your going through right now and like in my quote
we will be thinking and praying for you my friend.

Black 2007 350-Z
67 Camaro Custom
Orange Late 71 240-Z Sold and sitting in a Doctors Collection

Colin Foote Never Forgotten!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:52 pm 

Shelly has been back in the hospital for 7 days. We got the results of the latest MRI yesterday and she has a massive brain tumor that covers the entire top and back of the brain. it extends into the cerebrel cortex and down into her spinal cord in her back. She is pretty much in another world in her mind a lot of the time.She hasn't been able to hold any food down for 10 days and is in a lot of pain. She is on a continuous morphine drip along with other anti nausea and pain medicine. She has brief moments of clarity once in a while like maybe 10 or 15- ten minutes spots a day. I'm am with a very heavy but selfless heart asking that your prayers change from a miracle cure to a simple prayer asking God to take her home to Heaven sooner than later.She has suffered enough and I can't be selfish and ask for any more time with her.The doctors are praying the same prayer and have said we are down to days to weeks but more than likely days. She will never leave the hospital.
I am sorry to bring this news to you guys but after all the kindness you have given us I feel the need to let you know what's happening with her.
Thank You for all the prayers and encouragement.

Bill

1980 280 zx coupe
2005 Pathfinder
1971 240 z