Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:35 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:44 pm 

Last month we lost a loyal friend and CTZCC member, Colin Foote in a tragic traffic accident. See the following link for more information: http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/obitu ... d_friends/. Both Colin and his Father Robin have been active members in our club, attending meetings and events and enjoying the process of restoring these great cars as Father and Son.

Since the loss of Colin, Robin Foote has been working tirelessly with the RI Legislature to pass "The Colin B. Foote Act". This law would require drivers who receive 4 separate and distinct serious moving violations to be subject to having their license revoked for 2 years, 60 hours of driver retraining and 60 hours of community service.

The only bright spot in this entire tragedy is that this bill was recently signed into law and will now protect the people of RI against dangerous repeat driving offenders. To celebrate the passage of this law and to remember Colin, Robin has organized a wonderful event for the club, which includes a barbecue, overnight accommodations in Narragansett, a Z caravan to the Quonset Point Airfield and parking in a designated VIP space at the airfield for up to 30 participants to view the Air Show. These 30 slots are "first-come, first serve" but all are welcome to drive their Z cars to the airfield and park outside the gates. We are especially looking for 240Z's to fill the majority of this contingent of 30 cars but also want to include at least one of every other Z model.

In honor of Colin, a long time friend and supporter of the RI Air National Guard, the Air Show will include a memorial flyover by WWII Fighter aircraft. The Foote family has graciously invited any participating Z Car owners to stay over at one of their guest houses in Narragansett, RI on Friday night, June 25th. This invitation is open to all club members as space permits (they have 14 bedrooms available). Robin very much wants Z cars to be present Friday evening for the press. You only need to bring your Z, toothbrush and an overnight bag (your co-pilot is invited also).

Please review the agenda below and RSVP for the events you are able to attend.

Schedule:

Friday June 25, 2010
3-5 PM: Z Car Arrival at 52 Narragansett Ave., Narragansett, RI 02882 (Proceed past house to red light – cross over to parking lot)
6 PM to 10 PM: Evening Cook-Out & Reception. Media will be invited to take pictures and write about the cars and purpose of the event.
6 PM: Evening “Teaser” Air show 1 block away at Narragansett Town Beach
10 PM: Relocate to Overnight Accommodations at assigned Foote Guest House

Saturday June 26, 2010
8:30 AM: Z Car Memorial Cruise Departure to the Quonset Airport about 15 miles away. Starting point is 52 Narragansett Ave, Narragansett RI.
9 - 9:30 AM: Quonset Air Show Arrival. We will be directed to a designated Z Car parking area. We expect that RIANG or Civil Air Patrol will provide security to protect our cars.

Participant VIP Seating:
Please let us know if you would be willing to take a 15 to 20 minute “shift” at the Z Car display area to hand out the Z Car History/Colin Foote flyers and answer questions about the cars.
12:30 PM (Approximately): WWII Warbird Fighter Fly-by Tribute
1:30 to 2 PM: Early departure: Z car participants may, at their option, leave the Air Show after the Tribute Fly-by or stay and enjoy the rest of the show.
4 PM: Air Show Ends with demonstration by USAF Thunderbirds.

To register for any portion of these events, please e-mail the following information to the three event contacts above. For those requesting to participate in the 30 Car VIP Parking area some of this information will be shared with the RI Air National Guard for check-in. Since this is a military base all Persons and Cars may be subject to search.

Required Information:
Name:
Address:
Cell Phone:
Z Car Model, Year, Color:
Will you be attending the Barbecue on Friday evening? Yes/No
If yes, are you bringing a guest?
Do you need accommodations for Friday Night? Yes/No
If yes, are you bringing a guest?

Will you be caravaning with us to the Air Show on Saturday morning?
If yes, please provide registration tag # & State:
Will you be staying until the end of the Airshow (5 PM)? Yes/No

E-mail Registration must be received by June 23, 2010 (sooner if at all possible) and sent the following 3 individuals:

Farnum Brown: Globeaero@aol.com Cell Phone: 401-662-1494
Robin Foote: robin.raf@gmail.com Cell Phone: 401-741-1678
Mike Tubiak (CTZCC point person): mtubiak@gmail.com Cell Phone: 203-516-1829

For those that just wish to attend the Friday night Barbecue and/or the Cruise to the Air show, and will not enter the Airshow VIP Parking and Flight Line Area, overnight accommodations MAY be available for you if not filled by Z Car registered participants.

We look forward to seeing as many of our members as possible to honor our late friend Colin Foote. We understand that summer is a busy time, if you can't be there please keep Robin, his family and Colin in your thoughts that weekend.

For questions please contact the CTZCC coordinator for the event, Mike Tubiak or Robin Foote via the e-mail / cell phone information above.

Last edited by Ross.Williams on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:11 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:23 pm 

Volunteers Needed:

We will need one or two volunteers oin the afternoon of Friday June to welcome Z Cars and direct them to their parking area just across the street. Robin's guest houses will be available that week so volunteers can arrive a day early, go to the beach or just enjoy the area.

Please let me Mike Tubiak know if you are willing to do this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:59 pm 

A listing of registered attendees is below. You MUST register by sending an e-mail contianing the required information to the three people mentioned in the original post to be on this list. Thanks!

Fri 6/25 Barbecue
Robin Foote & Family
Phil Parent
Ross Williams & son
Al Babik & guest
Keith Hultmark
Anthony and Cathy Quindazzi
Mike Tubiak
Brad Dawson
Paul Mackin
Bill Moreau
Dale Corbin
Paul Jensen and son

Sat 6/26 Caravan to Air Field
Robin Foote and Family
Phil Parent
Ross Williams & son
Mike Gagnon
Al Babik & guest
Keith Hultmark
Frank Thomas
Anthony & Cathy Quindazzi
Mike Tubiak
Brad Dawson
Paul Mackin
Bill Moreau
Dale Corbin
Joe Plescia
Paul Jensen & son

Last edited by Ross.Williams on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:45 am, edited 9 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:18 pm 

Ross,

Thank you for posting this and for the dedicated effort of the CTZCC volunteer staff. We are very excited about this event and have 7-8 people already reserved.

The parking lot we are planning on is only 3-doors down from the Cook-out location at our house at 52 Narragansett Avenue, Narragansett, RI. There will be signs and a person to direct you to your parking spot from the house.

Robin Foote

First Owned - New 72' GREEN 240Z
2nd Owned - Used BLUE 74' 260Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:22 pm 

Ross.Williams wrote:
Volunteers Needed:

We will need one or two volunteers oin the afternoon of Friday June to welcome Z Cars and direct them to their parking area just across the street. Robin's guest houses will be available that week so volunteers can arrive a day early, go to the beach or just enjoy the area.

Please let me Mike Tubiak know if you are willing to do this.

Mike, I'm sure you know how much Kathy and I would not only love to
attend, but also to help out in any way possible, including but not lim-
ited to the above. We were counting on being there both days even
before the request came in.

Unfortunately, however, we pre-registered a couple of months ago for
ZANY's Northeast Z Adventure in Saratoga Springs, NY. Not only did
we prepay, but also they were counting on displaying Lucky 13 right at
the classic car museum as one of the features of the show.

With their originally-scheduled date there would not have been a con-
flict, but when their scheduling necessitated a change to the weekend
of June 25-27, one was caused. We think we should hold to our original
commitment, hoping this will not cause any malice or ill will.

Nonetheless, please be assured that we will be with all of you in spirit.
We hope that Robin and MaryAnn in particular get to read this post so
they will know that the reason for our absence is not one of shunning.

Blessings and All Z Best,..........................Kathy & Rick

1969 Z.CAR (#00013 10/69) 8/30/76
1969 ITSA.Z (#00171 11/69) 8/24/73
1970 OLD.Z (#06289 6/70) original owner
1971 510 2dr since 12/31/75
1969 1600 rdstr (our 160-Z)
1971 (#19851 1/71) sold
1975 75.Z (#01343 1/75)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:27 pm 

Kathy, Rick,

We fully understand but will certainly miss you. Colin was a stickler about keeping commitments.

Hope to see you at the Annual Show on July 17th.

Robin Foote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:35 am 

well i met with Cameron(madlarkin) yesterday at the Derby cruise night and he has recently become unemployed and would like to partake in this event and we want to get a caravan going for Friday for anybody going up that day. so if you will be attending Friday please email me and we can figure out a nice central location to meet and all drive up together. i am very excited about this event and can't wait to meet you Robin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:58 am 

I will get the e-mail in,just waiting to make sure the wife can get out early Fri. I told her already I will Volunteer Fri. I will also be willing to volunteer at the field and can do a 30 min shift if I need to. (In case that request is not part of the Registration.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:08 am 

I volunteer to watch the Zs on Saturday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:23 am 

I obviously volunteer to provide Zecurity.

Beat you to it Frank :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:27 am 

:lol: Excellent, Phil!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:42 pm 

You guyZ are Awesome! Please send an email to Farnum Brown to summarize who will be here and approximately when on Friday to help. We just finished a meeting and he is the #1 guy responsible on my end for producing the events. He will welcome being updated regularly on the volunteer end so he can coordinate tasks.

Also, we have just firmed up the parking area for about 50 cars now for Friday evening 3 doors down from the house. The lot will be cordoned off with saw horses and "Police Line" tape. It will be very easy to park the cars and keep them secure. This will be the same location for all Memorial Cruise cars to meet and leave from at 8:30 AM on Saturday.

I also want to reiterate that we are set up with 7 bedrooms (3 bathrooms) with all linen and towels at the Bar-B-Q house. This will accommodate 14 adults at the house Please do not hesitate to take us up on this offer as it is absolutely no problem for us. As of now, we only have 2-3 bedrooms taken. There is also 2 additional houses with 6 bedrooms each. Each room in every house will accommodate 2 adults. Please see our website at www.narragansett-beach-rentals.com to view each of these houses. The Seaside Victorian (52 Narragansett Avenue, Narragansett, RI) is where the Bar-B-Q will be held.

Robin Foote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:57 pm 

well i am all set took a personal day on that friday so i can get the Z all ready and packed to head up that afternoon. just need to see what time Cameron wants to meet up to drive up together. anybody else feel free to join us.

Robin - am i all set for a room for friday? is there anything else i need to do? i sent my registration info. i am iffy on arrival time but i am pretty sure sometime before 3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:41 am 

I want to again encourage people to avail themselves of the Foote's three guest houses. They are the perfect venue for club participating club members and are set up with multiple bathrooms, kitchens, living rooms, etc. Plus they are across the street form the beach! The parking situation is also great with our own area next to the police station.

Please register early to reserve by following the process mentioned in the original message on this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:00 am 

One week away, beds and VIP space are still available. Come join us to remember Colin, celebrate a new traffic law that will save lives, enjoy an air show, and hang out with friends.

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z