Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
  Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:48 pm 

I just received this tragic e-mail from Robin Foote. Colin was an active and treasured member of our club. I am still taking this in and trying to process it. I have often admired how close Robin and Colin were and felt they were so fortunate to have been able to restore these cars as Father and son projects.

Please keep Robin and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Dear Friends,

I have the saddest news I want to share with you. The light of our life, our son Colin, was killed in a motorcycle accident on Sunday. I have attached his obituary. You are certainly invited if it's convenient. Otherwise, please pray for him.

Thank you.

Obituary Final Draft 2:50 PM May 18, 2010

Colin Bransford Foote
Born August 8, 1982

Colin B. Foote, 27 of Charlestown, died on Sunday May 16, 2010. Colin was the beloved son of Richard “Robin” and Maryann (Bransford) Foote, and brother of Christopher C. Foote of Charlestown. Born in Manchester, CT, Colin attended Monsignor Clarke School, the Prout School, where he was an officer on the Student Council, a 4 year member of the Varsity Volley Ball team and Ski Club; involved with the Theater Group; active with the school's Model Legislature at the State House participating in mock legislature and Secretary of his senior class. Colin graduated as a member of the National Honor Society in 2001. He attended Connecticut College, was vice president of his class his junior and senior years and was very active as a Student Senator and was a member of the Young Republicans. He graduated Cum Laude in 2005 with a double-major Bachelor's Degree, in History and American Studies with a minor in Film Studies.

During high school, Colin volunteered for 3 years then became Director of the Frosty Drew Nature Center in Charlestown, RI to educate young children about the natural environment of the coastal ponds. He was currently employed as a public relations account manager at the Providence office of Boston based Regan Communications. He enjoyed exploring the wonder of nature, studying the rich history of our country, especially the years and events of WWII. Colin enjoyed travel to many locations in the United States. He enjoyed learning about combat aircraft of WWII, and watching some of these aircraft race at the Reno Air Races. His passion was restoring and driving classic 1970's cars and motorcycles, skiing and beholding the beauty of nature. Most of all he enjoyed spending his free time in the companionship of a multitude of friends and being with his loving family.

Surviving besides his parents and brother, are his maternal grandmother, Marilyn Bransford of Palm Coast, FL and his longtime and deeply loved sweetheart, Mallory Kowal of North Kingstown. He was grandson of the late Charles E. Bransford and Richard and Helen Foote. He also leaves seven cousins and three aunts and an uncle.

Visiting hours are on Thursday from 5 to 8 PM at the Avery-Storti Funeral Home, 88 Columbia Street, Wakefield, RI. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Friday at 11 AM at St. Vincent de Paul Church, Route 216, Bradford, RI. Reception to follow immediately at the Trio Restaurant at 15 Kingstown Rd., Narragansett, RI.

Attachments:
DSC_5441.JPG
DSC_5441.JPG [ 161.86 KiB | Viewed 357922 times ]

Last edited by Ross.Williams on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:20 pm 

Sadness.

R.I.P. homie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:24 pm 

More details:

http://www.projo.com/news/content/CHARL ... 14eee.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:38 pm 

That girl should have had her license revoked and cut in half. I feel bad for the family. I didn't know him but sounds like he was a great guy. My prayers go out to the family.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:41 pm 

Oh, this hurts. This was one of my favorite members of this Club. Colin immediately impressed me with his quiet intelligence, forthright nature and direct, look-you-in-the-eye honesty.

Colin and I shared scores of off-screen emails during the past two years. He had a great sense of humor in person, but his emails were always direct and business-like. I enjoyed both sides of his communication technique. Any time I picture him, it will be of him smiling.

Just three days ago I thought of him ~ how he laughed when, at the Annual Fall Outing at Ross' home two years ago, I dragged him and Robin across the front yard to meet Colin and Colin Gentile. How he laughed when I introduced all the Colins who loved 240Zs!

I once told him how I envied his close relationship with his Dad, and how cool I thought it was that they shared Zs as a hobby together. He said it was one of the things of his life which made him happiest.

Robin, Maryann, Chris and Mallory, you have my deepest sympathy. I share this loss.

I will remember this bright young man often, and with a quiet smile.

We'll see him again, bye and bye.

Frank T.
Membership Director

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:45 pm 
Site Admin

Truly tragic...to be taken so young, so needlessly...

Our hearts go out to Colin's family.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:06 pm 

Tragic. Absolutely tragic. Condolences to the family from myself and on behalf of the membership of ZCCR.

Enjoy life my friends, it is fleeting.

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com
FB: Zccr zcarclubofrochester

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:11 pm 

This is really rough. I can remember connecting with Colin at my first Fall outing and finding another younger guy who had such a passion for the early 240z. His enthusiasm and outgoing nature was contagious.

I see many parallels between Colin and Robin, and my Dad and I. This makes me cherish the times with my Pops even more.

I think I speak for my Dad, the 3rd Colin, in relaying our deepest condolences to you Robin, as well as Maryann, Chris and Mallory.

With head hung low,
Colin

1970 Datsun 240z #11137

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:38 pm 

Robin,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:04 pm 

Robin,

May you find strength in the love of family and in the warm embrace of your friends in this Z community.

So Sorry for your loss.

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject: COLIN
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:41 am 

A really tragic loss. I was not a really close friend, but i certainly remember him from Ross' get together. The loss of anyone so young can be especially sad. I lost my older brother Douglas to a motorcycle accident when he was 25. I was riding a Kawasaki 750 when a local cop in Hardinsburg Kentucky pulled me over to break the news. My brother and I both loved fast cars and faster bikes. I decided, unless I was going to ride on the GP circuits; that I loved life even more. My sincere sympathys to his family and the club members who got to know him better than I did.

Post subject: Colin
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:01 am 

Man, I have to say that I am having a hard time processing this one.
The first time I met Robin and his son I to was Impressed on father and son sharing the same hobby of Restoring Z cars together.
My Father and I shared the same thing with the Z's and it was a wonderful relationship. The loss of such a Fine young man and will be Deeply missed and never forgotten. :cry:
To Robin and Family You have the condolences from the Cole Family at this very difficult time and that our prayers will be with you to give you strength.
Ross, it would be nice to have a memorial to honor colin and his family at our car show in July..

Black 2007 350-Z
67 Camaro Custom
Orange Late 71 240-Z Sold and sitting in a Doctors Collection

Colin Foote Never Forgotten!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:10 am 

Yes. An empty parking space among the 240Z section, with his picture in it instead. :cry:

At our next Officers' meeting, I'm going to vote we do that for every future car show or event.

Thank you, Scott ~ very appropriate idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:13 am 

i love that idea too. he shall always be remembered. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:37 am 

and how about a memorial run down Route 1?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next