Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: New Z to the family
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:34 am 

Well the deal finaly went through. I traded my 81 for this 86. The 81 needs to have the body work finished, and his 86 blew the timing belt. I'd rather do engine work than body work, and for him, vise versa, so sorta an even trade. All I had to do is give the 81 a good tranni. The previous one lost 2 countershaft bearing and growled a bit. So the tranni. I put in was disassembled, checked over and resealed. It was one of the cleanest trannis. I ever took apart, so a good thing. After the tranni. was in, I drove up to show him, in Vernon Conn. Shifted smooth as butter, rode very nice, and the 80mph speedo, just doesn't do a Z justice. (well just had to see how it would do at hi-speed once to make shure all was good, and boy was it good.) So the PO already bought an engine for it, so that was a good thing. I have it down at the school now for classroom demostration. It's nice to show the kids how the timing of an engine works with the engine on a stand, and now I'll be showing them how to do a leakage test. So far I have it set up for Mon. class and I tested cyl. #1 and so far very tight. So this will tell me how good the engine is before I remove the heads and continue. All I want to do is clean her up and reseal it with all new gaskets, gasket set runs about $350 and change. I am going to have the heads milled, paint the engine, clean the engine bay up and of course install a new timing belt, water pump and thermostat. Then a few minor things, like rear deck carpet and storage panels and eventually a clean paint job. I told the new owner of the 81 about the club so hopefully I'll still see my 81 around. Well the next one to get is the Z32, after I finish what I have so far of course. (not including the hybrid Z's I'm working on, a man needs to have some projects laying around that never get finished.) I do sometimes wonder if I had just one Z how awesome it would be, but I accept the fact I'm compulsive. (anyone need a piano? I have 2 left out of the 11 I had in the garage at one time, need I say anymore.) Well finally time to have fun with a Z31, and the wife really likes it, so that should keep her out of my other Z's. :D

Attachments:
HPIM2132.JPG
HPIM2132.JPG [ 279.03 KiB | Viewed 4573 times ]
HPIM2130.JPG
HPIM2130.JPG [ 220.64 KiB | Viewed 4573 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:16 am 

Paul, I have GOT to come visit your museum someday!
:lol:

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:24 am 

Museum, that's funny. Maybe I could get a goverment grant to expand my museum, because the hard part is money for too many projects. Well I guess I'm not doing to bad despite the streek of bad luck I've had. With people smashing up my Z's, broken into, stolen, and almost pronounced dead 3 years ago causing a financial downfall with out a pot to #$% in. Yea, my Z life is great, I can't complain.