Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:44 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Need help with parts
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:04 pm 
I have many car parts that my husband wanted to use to build up his '76 280Z. He even purchased a R34 Skyline GTS-T motor set and a body kit to put into the Z (yep, very ambitious!). I have both in a storage shed. (I've already sold the car.) I have the details for the engine, but I don't know much about the body kit and all the other car parts he bought. I would like to sell these parts so if anyone can help me identify pieces and let me the best way to sell them, I would really appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:33 pm 

I might be very interested.... PM me your info and I can come up and take some pictures and tell you what you have....and I might even make an offer... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:58 pm 

Thank you Maria, I will put his old toys to good use. Sorry that I didn't get to know your husband like I wanted too, but I did meet him, and we did have alot to talk about, but our time to talk was cut short. As you know, after what I found out today, it literally took my breath away for about half an hour. Please accept my condolences. We will be in touch, and I promise that the parts that he had will be put to good use. I will make it a goal that his name, with your permission, and his wishes, will live in our memories somehow. His dream for his car can now be implemented into my car, and I will dedicate it to him with an awesome rebuild in his honor, that me, a few local shops, and possibly all the members here can in someway make it nearly into his dream car that he planned on making.

The engine is the heart of the car. I could say more, but I don't want everyone to have tears running down like I am. I am honored to receive his heart, and I know his soul is with all of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:15 am 

So then, the engine is taken? About the body kit, I was looking for a rear skirt and side flares to complete my 240 MSA 1 kit. Any info would be helpful. Thanks, and condolences as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:10 pm 

I received every thing.

the body kit is the MSA type III kit, front, rear, and side skirts. it's a $600 kit, more if you include shipping. The only problem, is the side skirts that was with the kit are actually 280ZX 2+2 sides.

after I line everything up, clean up the garage, decide what parts I'll need for my Z, and whats not needed, then I'll post up what stuff I have to sell, and what stuff to donate to CTZCC. I'm thinking more than likely, the body kit will go to the club, it just depends on how it's going to match the flares I have already. Plus, now I'm actually starting to run out of room, so other stuff I have, and the stuff I have received from Maria...is crowding me out.

I do know that what the club gets, we'll have one hell of a meet next year.

And I do have some flares that I had for a while, it looks like I'm not going to use them, so if you want to swing down sometime, we can make a deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:34 pm 

The msa 3 kit made for the dual exhaust and has the wire mesh in it, correct? I do want the fender flares for my 240 if that's what you have. So if in no hurry, maybe at the next meet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:38 pm 

yup, with the mesh. I'm in no hurry, but others reading this might be....hehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:16 pm 

Somehow I just can't picture AJ "runnung out of room". His garage is larger than my house!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:59 pm 

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/ ... e/RB25DET/

the garage is full, and there is runoff into the basement now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:03 pm 

and I thought I was bad at hording parts, :) So if you want to e-mail me we can talk business on those flares. That MSA 3 rear skirt is realy nice and I almost concidered it, but I need to keep that 240 look if you know what I mean. I'm putting myself back in the 70's and adding the mods available then.