Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:00 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:14 am 

For those that have not seen this Netflix series, I suggest that you put it on your "must see" list. This is one of the best racing documentaries I've seen. It focuses on the racing careers of the young drivers and their racing teams on the F1 circuit. Only 20 cars race at each event, with two cars entered from each team. This is the highest form of motor racing with big money backing these teams. With big money comes lot's of pressure from investors and team management to perform...unreal pressures at times. The fierce competition between teams is often times surpassed by the competitive pressures between team drivers each striving for a world championship title. Outstanding photography and "candid" owner and driver discussions make this a "real life" drama worth watching.

If this was posted earlier, well consider it a reminder to watch it. :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:28 am 

Agree totally this is season 3 that just came out and it covers last years race's and their outcomes and politics. Great series !

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:17 pm 

Great series. It's an entirely different world from the F1 community I was familiar with as a kid.

I recall attending a vintage sportscar race at Lime Rock in the mid-80s. My favorite car was a very hot and impressively-driven 1964 Aston Martin DB4 GT which held the lead for most of the race, until a little Lotus7 got serious and won.

I stopped into the AM pits during the race and glanced into their 40ft trailer. The entire wall was covered in monitors, from which a half-dozen team members read every aspect of what was happening with the car; a precursor to what we see today in this new F1 series show. I was amazed to realize the driver did very little more than steer and brake during the race; the car was monitored and controlled by the pits.
At one Bob Sharp Day at LRP some years ago, Bob told me his son's ALMS racing suit was air-conditioned! That staggered me, too.

My era has vanished and exists today only in my countless memories. There's not a familiar name on the starting grid anymore.