Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:47 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:03 pm 

For those of you I forgot to tell, I got my first hip replaced 3 weeks ago and it was a piece of cake; in one day and out the next. I'm already walking without a cane (altho they recommend against that for another 2 weeks) and I can't wait to get the second hip replaced on 08Mar. There is no pain in my operated hip; all the pain now is in my Pre-Op hip.
They actually played Led Zeppelin for me as they wheeled me into the operating room. :thumbs_up: :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:

Anyway, pretty soon I will be able to jump into and out of the Z without gathering a crowd.
Frank

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:07 pm 

Great news Frank! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:36 am 

Glad to hear of your successful hippy replacement and its pain removal resultZ. It should also help with an easier time putting-on and taking-off your rearview mirror "dingle dangle". :D :mrgreen: :thumbs_up: Stay well. Good luck with #2 and try to follow orders from those in command. :wink: :roll:

Howie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:06 am 

:lol:
It doesn't happen that way, Howie. When I'm on deck, I'M in command.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:25 pm 

:mrgreen: :thumbs_up:
Just as long as you're not on the deck. :oops: :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:31 pm 

Howie is right. Remember how well your trip to Rochester went Frank!!?? :|

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:53 pm 

I don't know what happened in Rochester, but yes please follow instructions and heal well!

I'm glad it went smooth and you are feeling better, and wish you the same on the second. You will be feeling fantastic in the near future!

Good choice on the Zeppelin too! :thumbs_up:

Jay

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:37 pm 

Wahoo! Good to hear. Hoping the next one goes just as well!

‘71 4Dr 510 -- '73 240z

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:55 pm 

Talk about fantastic coincidences.....today I went to the post office and a pretty little girl held the door for me (I hate when they do that). I thanked her and explained the cane and my limp were temporary; that I had just got a new hip and was waiting for the next one. She asked some technical questions and determined she had been in the OR during the week of my operation. I asked her if they played Led Zep while she was there and she laughed and said, "Only once!".
She was a Tech Rep for the people who made all the surgical supplies and she clearly remembered my surgery because of the music they played as I arrived! I couldn't believe it! Today was my birthday and that was one of the best gifts I got all day! Such a small world!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:00 pm 

That's a great story, and quite a coincidence! You obviously left an impression on the OR personnel.

More importantly, Happy Birthday to you!!

Jay

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:05 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: Which trip to Rochester, John?!

On one I was still bleeding from heart surgery, had to stop about a doZen times along the route to sleep, and was too exhausted the next morning to actually drive to Watkins Glen! Plus, I was overcome by exhaust fumes and used about a gallon of eye drops so I could see where I was going.

Another time my Z wasn't ready for the trip so I rented an SUV. When it came time for our trip around The Glen, you generously offered to let me ride along in your Z. My hips (which usually allowed me to swivel enough to get into/out of the driver's seat) didn't work in the opposite direction so it took a full minute for me to get into your passenger seat! You were gonna lose your place in line, but were a patient good sport. Thanks. :thumbs_up: 8) :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:11 pm 

Frank, I love the part when you tell me "Don't wait for me!" as you are hanging out the passenger side door. :lol:

For those who haven't seen this clip, here it is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVhS7-00GY8&t=277s

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:59 am 

That was one of the happier experiences I've ever had at Rochester/Watkins Glen. Your car corners like it's on rails and you are an excellent driver. I only wish Jay and his dad had got the opportunity to throw that 260 around the course with us.

Two years before, I had just got my engine rebuilt and literally broke it in on the trip to Rochester. My clutch worked but wasn't adjusted the same as it had been before the rebuild, so I kept missing shifts and splitting shifts. Karl and Barb were right behind me and kept having to ride their brakes to keep from running over the top of me around many of the turns. By the time I figured out what I was doing, the laps were over. I also lagged behind a few times in order to give myself catch-up room so I could reach 110 in some places. OtherwiZe I was stuck at 75-100. Here's that clip; I didn't know Karl was filming me from behind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOPtDrkl8hY

When I told you not to wait for me, most of me was in the car but I couldn't get one hip to bend enough to get both legs in :lol: . I can hear myself groan while I tried to make both legs bend enough to get in that way. Laughing at pain makes it hurt less. :lol:
Sometimes. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:55 pm 

Great videos guys. I'm really glad I checked back in on this thread.

I wish we could have made it to Rochester too Frank, that would have been awesome. Obviously we missed out on a really unique and wonderful opportunity. The fall outing was just as memorable though. I'm glad I could ride along virtually though, looks like such a fun time! I'll bet the sound of all those Z's wound up out there is really great too. I may have to go as a spectator sometime.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:51 am 

Somewhere there's also a roadside video of 62 Z cars driving past, enroute to Watkins Glen. Can't find it at the moment.