Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:03 pm 

I had an hour-long phonecall with Big Al Babik tonight and got introduced to a great auto racing website. He began by asking me some questions relative to one of his favorite Car websites, which I had never heard of. I went on line as we spoke and by the time we hung up, I was totally consumed by this "new" discovery. Al has been hitting it daily for nearly 15 years and is very enthusiastic about it. I will probably spend the remainder of the night searching all the back articles.

autoextremist.com is a 20-yr -old periodical blog site well-written by a seasoned racing aficionado and writer, Peter Delorenzo. The site is compartmentalized into sections reporting on individual racers, individual cars, individual races, and generalized history and material relative to every gear head's Life Support Systems.

http://www.autoextremist.com/fumes1/?currentPage=2

The font is good, the photos are professionally excellent for whatever era they cover, and the information about individual subjects is captivating. The section on racers themselves is 628 pages long!
Scan along the top of their homepage and select different subjects to read about.
Plan your time carefully ~ this is a hard website to walk away from.
Take a look and tell us what you think, and thank Big Al for (*FINALLY*) sharing this with us!

:thumbs_up: :mrgreen: :thumbs_up: