Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:58 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Clive is alive!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:35 pm 

I had a live sighting of our NYC member Clive Bogle today and spent a nice hour in conversation with him. He is still "Z-Active" and in good health. :D

Frank

Post subject: Re: Clive is alive!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:08 pm 

I recently ran across an ad for his "evil z" shell for sale, can't find it now. Don't remember where it was listed.

At least it looked like his car. Mentioned that it had been set up with gm ls, and an infinity rear.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:03 am 

We actually discussed your 260 today, Jay.

He's on his 3rd "Evil Z" now. I recall meeting him at our very first annual car show at Darien CT (2009?). He showed up with this blacked-out, primered-and-silver monster car (the only one with a V8 in it) and stole the show. DoZens of guys had worked for weeks to get their cars perfect. Vince Corey had brought his long-nose car all the way up from SC or Georgia. Zs were there with real wire wheels and Black Pearls and Zaps and tricked-out street racers with custom paint jobs and every possible engine enhancement known to man, but the crowd all hung around this brutal-looking scruffy black premiered V8 car which looked professionally installed.

And when he left, the whole camp stopped what they were doing to watch him climb the on-ramp to the highway. He floored it and disappeared over the horizon like the back end of a scalded cat in a Disney cartoon, leaving a cloud of smoke, twin streaks of rubber and a "Hi Yo, Silver, Away!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:31 pm 

Explains why my ears were ringing. :)

Sounds like his old Z left quite an impression. Hope he is doing well.

Jay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:36 pm 

Friend him on Facebook, he's usually posting all the projects he's working on in his newly expanded home shop, lift and all... He's very active... Had Ross's black beauty there also...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:22 pm 

For the sake of Jay and any other readers who might not have met Clive, he has been one of our members for over a decade. When the CTZCC caught fire and became the hottest Z Club in the known universe, Clive used to drive here from NY for each of our monthly meetings, events and Club cruises. He was very straight-forward with us; he was planning to form his own Z club in NYC and wanted to spy on us for a year to learn what made us so successful.

Upon the end of his year he took all he'd learned back to NYC and formed his own successful NYZCC, which we consider our sister club. Members from both clubs have driven the 30 miles to each other's events and shows over the years and, like their President Clive, many are dual-club members.