Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:29 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Risky Business
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:17 am 

Due to the high price of the Z car now, I gave up even trying to find a project series one from down south of course. Best deal was 20 grand. So this guy that's been buying Z parts off me just moved here to Middletown and happen to have three Porsche 928's, and wanted to sell one. So for 10 grand I get a 1986 Porsche 928s that's inspected, new timing belt, new Cats, new brakes and tires ready to drive. It also has the newer 4 valve per cylinder engine (V8) at 248 HP. 1987 it became the S4. It also has the bigger brakes. It's a complicated machine, and for me a learning experience. For one I have to fix the small electrical drain, but for now I keep a trickle charger on it and can use anytime I want. I stay local for now, and have to say a very nice ride, smooth and quite. So this will now take the place of the Lexus for my luxury ride. I was in 12 grade in 1986 and remember the 300zx at the dealer were selling for around 16 grand at the time, and I thought that was expensive. The 928s was selling for 50 grand, more than a 911, so to be driving one for 10 grand, not to shabby. The comments I get is it's Futuristic, well yea for 1986, or it's cute, especially the front end with the lights. Inside It fits like a glove, a nice cockpit feeling nice quite ride and then you give it some gas and it comes to life. AND the tape deck works. :thumbs_up: So I think it's a better deal than an 81 280zx non turbo for 70 grand.

Attachments:
20201127_135914.jpg
20201127_135914.jpg [ 828 KiB | Viewed 1917 times ]

Post subject: Re: Risky Business
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:48 am 

Not bad for $10K Paul. But GEE WIZZ!!... You could have at least wiped off the bird poop before sending us that picture! :wink:

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:56 pm 

That's a lot of car for 10k. I like those, they are smooth and hold the road well.

Jay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:04 pm 

A neighbor of mine has one of these. You can't "out-Porsche" a Porsche. When you know the car well enough to get brave in hi-speed turns, you will get REALLY impressed. The front-engine layout handles very differently than the rear-engine units.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:27 am 

That's not bird poop....it was a windy day so leaf debris kept blowing up on the car, best pic I could do that day. On the window you see the rear view mirror and the easy pass stick ons. Well I have not gone on the highway yet, but one back road on the island can get up to 70 for a little bit, but as far as taking corners, yes very quick around corners, stays nice and even no tire squeal. Also Rear tires are actually wider than the front, old school. One thing I really like is the all aluminum body and how clean it is underneath for a 1986 car, so when I said I bought a Porsche for a winter beater, I wasn't kidding. The Z is more precious than the Porsche, so must preserve, but in the mean time have something fun to to drive. The truck now rides like a truck due to the upgraded suspension and 10 ply tires all to haul heavy loads.