Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Hello From Philadelphia!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:56 am 

Hello to all my friends here in the CTZZ! It's been several years since I last was able to join in and and take part in all the great activities with my family brothers and sisters in the CTZZ, and after some rather pressing health and electronics issues have made my back! I'm looking forward to reconnecting with my friends and hopefully make my way up to Ct in the future to see you all! Hello Frank T! I miss you guys ;) Dave Levinson BSR 510 Tribute

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:42 am 

:shock: Holy crow!! Hello, Dave! Great to hear from you again!

It's strange; some of us were just discussing you a week or so ago, wondering what has become of you. Please tell us you still have that nifty little 510 BSR car?
I watched a 240z race video recently in which the winning 240z laps the field and at one point I was SURE he overtook your car. I even rewound and stop-framed to zee the details. Proud to brag I still have the same Nissan Sport horns on my Z that you introduced me to on the Nickel-Dime car.

Any of you 510 admirers (or owners!), say hello to our member Dave down in Philly! He has built and drives an outstanding nimble little BSR tribute 510 which you can't help but fall in love with at first sight. He took his time and really made a wonderful machine which Bob Himself said is nearly identical to his own racers.

Barely street-legal with an outrageously quick rear ratio, the little car makes more horsepower than a standard 240Z and screams its way along the highway from Philly to here and (usually) back :roll: . Sometimes it stops along the way to catch its breath, but it's all part of the adventure.

Great to hear from you again Dave, stay in closer touch please?

Frank T

Attachments:
thmb_Picture_204-1.png
thmb_Picture_204-1.png [ 38.21 KiB | Viewed 1920 times ]
thmb_Picture_201.png
thmb_Picture_201.png [ 44.1 KiB | Viewed 1920 times ]
thmb_Picture_200.png
thmb_Picture_200.png [ 37.72 KiB | Viewed 1920 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:09 pm 

Awesome to hear back from you Frank! I was sure you'd be the first one to see my post and write in! I was talking to another CTZZ friend on the FBook and he told me you guys were just talking of me. I'm doing much better these days, but Ah unfortunately no longer own the Dime, it was time to let her go and be enjoyed by others. But all is not lost! I'm due to have a 1969 2000 Roadster in about another week coming in from Ohio from a Vintage and SCCA guy Jim Sloan who Has several really awesome 2000 race cars still and was put in touch with me as he found out I was looking for a sweet roller chassis to do another BSR Tribute car! Well I think you can guess what I'll be building in the upcoming months, lol I'll be sure to make my way up to see you all, when I get her turn key, and Yes! I'll be driving it as always.. You remember back in those Days, you drive what you brung cars!! No trailers for my babies, they were meant to be driven and enjoyed! Long live BSR and CTZZ! ;) I'll keep in the forums too Frank....