Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:57 pm 

I wasn't sure if this question should be put "here" or PM'd directly to Jim H.. :oops: Since I didn't want to offend anyone I figured I'd come here first. :wink:

Some members have "better success" than others when posting pictures, like John T's beautiful "Orange Peel". The pictures were just about perfect in size (and a rolling work of art I might add). :mrgreen: 8) Some members have totally given up trying to post pictures because of "size" issues (of the "file" or of the picture). ThorZ pictures of his bruised bumper came out huge and my car show pictures are HUMONGOUS :shock: :shock: :shock: and sideways. Alias: Crookside. :roll: :x

I would really like to receive INSTRUCTIONS from someone with knowledge on, either, what I'm doing wrong or what we can do to make the picture size more compatible for this website.

Is there an App for this fix??? Does something have to be reformatted in order to post photos? It's very frustrating :x when you can't SHARE visual events with other club members. Grrr...ooh!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:01 pm 

If you post a very large picture file, you get the result that you had from your recent post.
The forum software is just that forum software, in order to post pic's like John T posted in the orange peel thread you need to size them before they are uploaded.
I use Photoshop to manage image size.

Here is one of yours I resized.

Attachments:
briklin1.jpg
briklin1.jpg [ 676.87 KiB | Viewed 6386 times ]

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:02 pm 

There are many options for managing pictures I am sure many are free as well. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:13 pm 

You can always upload them to a site like imgur and then do an edit and resize them.

Sadly it means the image can someday be removed and the link here broken. So for a place like this where things will be around for a while I don't recommend it. I guess you could also use it to resize things and then download them. And then posted the resized image here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:16 pm 

Well I obviously don't know them. My computer will "sometimes" copy pictures off the internet and post them here, and many of those come out OK. But any photos I take from my own computer library come out like roadmaps and it's just so frustrating that I have given up. I wanted to show an exhaust system last month and the website told me it was 'too large for this format'. I took a doZen great pictures at last year's Bob Sharp Day and none of them (not ONE of them) can be shown here. It's stupid and disheartening and I try not to think about it anymore. I can print the same pictures in the right size from email to email, but the few which actually do make it onto this website are the size of tablecloths. I have reduced the size of my entire computer library down to thumbnails (smallest available) and they still are 'too large' for this new CTZCC website.
A picture's worth a thousand words so don't get upset if I'm long-winded, because I can't show you pictures here on this website.

Attachments:
Duck-smash-computer.jpg
Duck-smash-computer.jpg [ 3.29 KiB | Viewed 6383 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:07 pm 

This is quick and dirty, but maybe it will help. I can do a better one later when life gives me time.

I promise it's not as complicated as it may look, but certainly there are faster ways to do batches of pictures using this site. There are also benefits to creating a login account so you can more easily track all of the photos you have personally posted.
-------------

Here is a pic of my interior that was 3.5 MB and 3456 x 2304 pixels.

1) Imgur.com
2) New post
3) Drag image or select file. you can do multiple at a time but I won't start with that here.
4) Auto uploaded or finalize upload.
4a) You are taken to a preview of the image, but its temporarily resized for you so it might misleading and still be very large.

If the file does not need to be resized, skip ahead to #11
If image was too big then go on to #5.
If you don't resize and you realize after you post that the file is too large, keep the imgur window open and go back to #5 and redo the process now with resizing. Edit your post here and replace the [img] link with the new one. The link will be very similar but slightly different. Preview your post to ensure the change stuck.

5) Hover over image
6) Top right, click the down arrow
7) Edit image
8.) Should default to Crop/Resize, go to top right of the image and replace one of the two pixel dimensions. (3456 x 2304 in my case) I like to go to 720 for the vertical height (right most dimension) So I overwrote 2304 with 720. the software determined the other dimension for me based on the original ratio of the picture Height vs Width.
9) Click Apply
10) Click Save

11) Hover over image again
12) Select the arrow drop down in the top right
13) Click get share links.
14) Copy BB Code (Forums) link
15) Paste into your post, as I did here. Code looks like this...

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/mqdztGY.jpg[/img]

Hope this helps. I'm a good one to help with things like this, but with my 4month old son and a comically busy life I have zilch for time to even write up things like this.

Last edited by DaveR on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:55 am 

Thank you DaveR for sharing that information. BTW nice pic of your interior. :thumbs_up: :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:29 am 

FM6 wrote:
If you post a very large picture file, you get the result that you had from your recent post.
The forum software is just that forum software, in order to post pic's like John T posted in the orange peel thread you need to size them before they are uploaded.

That's exactly how I would like the photos to look. I'll look into installing Photoshop.Thank you Karl. Good job resizing the Bricklin.

Last edited by HowardJ on Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:19 pm 

You can resize off MS Paint as well, which comes with any windows computer.

Visual guide ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S99uuI1T0uE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:31 pm 

[quote="jtang"]You can resize off MS Paint as well, which comes with any windows computer.

:wink: :roll: Thanks Justin but... MAC OS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:37 pm 

HowardJ wrote:
FM6 wrote:

That's exactly how I would like the photos to look. I'll look into installing Photoshop.Thank you Karl. Good job resizing the Brinklin.

Thanks Howard, the Briklin was one of the other cars I considered back in 1974 when I bought my 260z. Toss up between that and a Volvo P1800 sport wagon. In hindsight I am still sure I bought the right one . . . . . Z Z Z Z Z Z ! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:24 am 

I have to figure this out myself....new computer, I used to know how on the old one, and you can change the file size. I see Frank has found my most favorite car ever......that I can't afford......at the moment, well second car, Ferrari 250 GTO would be my first pick. :thumbs_up:

Attachments:
20170519_060601.jpg
20170519_060601.jpg [ 697.39 KiB | Viewed 6265 times ]