Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Jay Leno Garage Tour!!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:32 pm 

Well any self-respecting car enthusiast knows that one of the most eclectic and interesting collections of cars is owned by Jay Leno. Especially now that he has a show called Jay Leno's garage!

Well I'm here to tell you a story...

Jay Leno just happened to be appearing at the University of Rhode Island last October. His appearance coincided with the Colins.Org car show we were planning for the very same day, October 1st. So Robin Foote, Colin's Dad and founder of ColinsLaw.org decided to throw a hail mary and ask Jay to stop by the event. He sent a detailed e-mail with descriptions of the organization, a flyer describing the car show and of course information about his (and our) beloved Colin. You and I both know what was going to happen next. Robin would get a polite letter signed by some summer intern in Jay's organization saying how he wished he could come but his schedule simply didn't permit it. Or, Robin would receive no response at all.

But sometime in early September Robin's phone rang with an "unidentified" number. The voice said, "Hi, I'd like to speak to Robin". Robin of course said something like "sure, whose calling", and the person said, "Jay Leno -is Robin there?". After Robin's jaw returned to a functioning state he said "Well this is Robin!".

Jay apologized for not being able to stop by the car show, which actually was really awesome since it had already been postponed at that point! But he did offer Robin tours of his private garage to auction off. Such a tour is undeniably a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Robin attended Jay's show on October 1st and was actually asked to come up on stage by Jay at one point when Jay introduced him and his cause. Jay also did a pre-show interview with Robin which you can view here:

http://turnto10.com/news/local/jay-leno ... ocal-cause

I always thought Jay was a decent down to earth guy but for me this really proved it. He didn't need to call Robin, provide an interview, bring him on stage or offer tours of his garage. But he did so because he's a genuinely good guy who was compelled by Robin's cause and the tragic story underlying it.

So up for auction, with all proceeds to benefit ColinsLaw.org is one tour for FOUR people of Jay's private garage in Burbank CA, with two free airline tickets.

You can view the auction at:
https://www.biddingforgood.com/auction/ ... y=jay+leno.

Bidding closes on December 24th at 3:00pm!

Yes, this will be a pricey experience but sometimes the best things in life are not free. Beyond the opportunity to see this fabulous collection all net proceeds of the auction will go toward an organization that is working to make our roads safer for you and your loved ones through legislation, technology and education. "Colins Law", passed several years ago in RI, has already had phenomenal results by forcing repeat offenders to take required driver eduction and more importantly, the recidivism rate for those that attend is incredibly low. It's serving as a model of how other states should deal with people that repeatedly put lives at risk on our roads.

So sell Grandma's car, donate the entire family's blood, sell billboard space at your home and do whatever else it takes to submit the winning bid. OR, just watch the auction and have fun.

Whatever you do, this is a huge win for Robin Foote, an individual I am extremely proud to call a personal friend, an incredible testimony to his perseverance and a great fundraiser for a very worthy organization. If it weren't for the underlying tragedy, I would also be incredibly thrilled about Robin being able to meet Jay personally as well. By the way, this is not Robin's first hair-brained idea that has paid off. James Taylor has also personally donated to ColinsLaw.org after a chance meeting with Robin and a follow-up letter to him.

The last thing I'd like to say, is: let's all remember that bright, energetic, intelligent and personable young man that was lost to this world in a senseless way. I've actually gotten to know Colin more since his death through Robin vs. the brief time I knew him through the club. I am convinced he would have changed this world in some very positive way. Rest in peace Colin B. Foote.

And think about bidding. It's pricey but remember - your worth it! :)

Sincerely, Ross

PS - In the interest of full disclosure, I am a volunteer board member of ColinsLaw.org.

Attachments:
LENO AUCTION POSTER 12-6-16 (8 5 x 11).pdf [602.27 KiB]
Downloaded 229 times
Jay & Robin.jpg
Jay & Robin.jpg [ 90.25 KiB | Viewed 2648 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:20 pm 

OMG - Ross - you did it once again! Tears are running down my face as I write this. What a wonderful job you have done in Colin's memory and a fantastic gift to ColinsLaw.Org. Thank you for sharing the wonderful experience I had with Jay with the rest of the CTZCC membership. Hopefully the excellent recounting of this fantastic and actually quite humbling experience and the Front & Center placement on the CTZCC Home Page will generate some interest. Even if not, it is an inspiring story well worth telling and certainly a testimonial to the fantastic generosity of Jay Leno.

Thank you so very much.

Your friend,
Robin

First Owned - New 72' GREEN 240Z
2nd Owned - Used BLUE 74' 260Z