Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:38 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Photo gallery access?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:58 am 

I was just wondering... Is there a computer techie, in the membership pool, that is looking into fixing/repairing or replacing the software that will allow us to view the now "unaccessible" photos of events past and future? Can anyone offer assistance in finding a solution to this issue? I'm sure that knowledgeable computer savvy input would be greatly appreciated by everyone.

I'd be willing to chip in some funding for an outside consultant if that's what it would take to get Z fix done more quickly.

Howard J

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:49 am 

Yaaaaa!! The Photo Gallery is BACK. Tons of beautiful photos to see without the "error" message. Fantastic job. I would presume that credit, and a round of applause for getting things up and running again, should probably go to the hard work of Jim H. GREAT JOB. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

And if my presumptions are wrong.. and it wouldn't be the first time, I apologize. :( But who cares? It's working and that's all that matters. AweZome. :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:18 pm 

Nice!!! :D :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:05 pm 

Seems like the Photo Gallery photos are available for viewing from the most recent events back to June 10, 2015 (so far). I'm guessing it's still a work in progress getting the older events converted to the "new" system. Keep up the great work. We ALL thank you and greatly appreciate the time and effort it must take to perform this daunting task. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:46 pm 

Yes, Jim Hagani, Alan Dempsey and Phil Parent have been working hard to get all of our photo galleries working once again.

These photos are an important and irreplaceable visual chronology of the great history of this club!

Regards, Ross

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:38 pm 

Ross.Williams wrote:
Yes, Jim Hagani, Alan Dempsey and Phil Parent have been working hard to get all of our photo galleries working once again.

These photos are an important and irreplaceable visual chronology of the great history of this club!

Regards, Ross

I would like to additionally give "Thanks" to both Alan and Phil for helping to/and continuing to restore the clubs photo galleries. My original post said that I might be wrong, so kudos Ross for correcting me and proving that I was right, to think that I was wrong. Thanks Ross. LOL :oops:

Howie

Last edited by HowardJ on Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:21 pm 
Site Admin

The problem with our photo galleries is that Google pulled the plug on it's long-standing Picasa service, which is where all of Phil's and Alan's photo albums had been stored.

Alan has spent a good deal of time going through each of his albums to generate a new, working link for them, one by one. This enabled me to update our Gallery Page so all of Alan's albums are again accessible.

Phil is still in the process of going through his many albums. As soon as he is done, I'll get his new links on the Gallery Page so we can again enjoy reliving those events too.

Stay tuned - hopefully it won't be much longer before all of our photo albums are back online!

Thanks again Alan and Phil for your hard work! And a "thumbs down" from me to Google for not making the transition out of Picasa an easy one!

- Jim

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:22 am 

Jim, Phil and Alan,

'Tis the Zeason to spread Joy and Happiness, and you guys are sure working hard to do just that. I couldn't think of a better Chanukah / Christmas gift for Z enthusiasts than seeing tons of photos of them at all the different events. You are the CTZCC's three wiZe men. Thank you. 8) :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Howard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:33 pm 

Hooray! Photo Album is up and running again! Great Pics!

Thanks to Allan, Phil and Jim :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:57 pm 

I remember many moons ago when AOL did that ~ they simply dumped everyone's photo accounts without warning. Tens of thousands of people lost family photos, graduation pics, wedding and graduation pictures all at once. The plight which stood out biggest in my mind was the young girl who had paid to take her dying dad to Green Bay Wisconsin to meet his teenage hero Bart Starr who had been the Quarterback for the Packers while the dad was growing up. She had hired a photographer to follow them around and document their day together. All gone ~ POOF! ~ without notice.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:42 am 
Site Admin

Happy New Year everyone!

I'm very pleased to report that thanks to the hard work of Phil Parent and Alan Dempsey, our club photo albums are back online!

Please visit our Photo Gallery page, where you can once again enjoy reliving so many outstanding club events.

- Jim

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:29 am 

Oh, this is wonderful! I got to zee my first meeting/exposure to the CTZCC (Apr08). I actually took that photo of Ross and Bob Sharp together in front of the red GT33. :D
What a great flood of memories this all brings back. My decks are awash. Thanks guyz; really nice job.
Thanks Howie, for lighting this fuse. 8)

Frank T

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:09 pm 

Great, great job Phil, Al and Jim. Massive accomplishment getting the photo gallery up and running on the new system. I look forward to viewing the pictures from past events that took place before I became a CTZCC member. What a great way to usher in 2017.

May you all have a Happy and healthy New Year.

Howard J

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:30 pm 

Oops. While viewing some of the past Photo Gallery photos I noticed that the May 14, 2016 -1st Annual Z Palooza - North Haven, CT photos appear to be missing. :shock: :cry: Can someone help find them and bring them home? :roll: Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:52 pm 

That was your Z's first exposure to the public, Howie. :thumbs_up: