Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Car Storage
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:45 am 

I'm looking for winter car storage for my new boss, the Bishop of the NY area of the Methodist church. He's a car guy but unfortunately has gravitated to Mustangs instead of Z's. He recently joined us moving from Western PA to White Plains. Yes, he is in sticker shock at home values and the general cost of living in this area.

He needs a place to store his 2010 Ford Mustang. Preferaby about $100 / month and he is willing to drive an hour or so north to store it.

Is this price unrealistic? Do any of you know of places that provide interior storage for cars that are reasonably priced?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ross

Post subject: Re: Car Storage
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:51 am 

What I know is that several self-storage places around central CT do rent bays large enough to store cars in. They are neither heated nor alarmed, but they are fairly secure. Some don't allow cars to be stored in them (gasoline and oil and fire concerns) but customers sneak them in anyway. Others require you to reasonably drain all fluids before storing on their property. A 10ft x 20ft bay is the size of a one-car garage and many of them rent for little more than $100/mo.

If your boss has any kind of a classic Mustang worth displaying, he could get it detailed and ask to park it in the lobby of his local Ford dealer. I've seen many nice classic cars displayed in their marque's showrooms over the winter, including an Anniversary 280ZX which parked at Executive Nissan one year. Customers love to see the old cars of the brand they are buying, and dealers love to point to them to show off the enduring quality of the brand they are selling.

If he gets really desperate, he could just park it under the garage at the airport parking lot and return next spring 8) . He can tell the gatekeeper he lost the ticket ~ they can't tell how long the car has been there so they'll charge him the "MAX" for a single day, which is hugely cheaper than $100/month. Do NOT tell him I told you to do that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:03 am 

Thanks Frank!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:51 pm 

How did this wok out, Ross?
I forgot to recommend he can rent a Portable On Demand Storage (PODS) unit for about $100/mo and leave the car right on his own property.
I am unable to make my computer connect with www.PODS.com, but yours probably can.

Attachments:
Duck-smash-computer.jpg
Duck-smash-computer.jpg [ 3.29 KiB | Viewed 4482 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:05 pm 

Thanks Frank. I friend of mine who lives in Danbury agreed to store the car at his business warehouse for $150/month. It's heated and protected so it works pretty well.