Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:52 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Last day driving
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:23 pm 

as many of you know i am losing my eye sight. well many people on facebook know that i will be no longer driving as of dec 21st. i would like to stop before anything bad happens. driving has been tough for me for years but as of recently it is even more of a chore. I was with my mom the last time she drove and i wanted to have with me when my last day comes. growing up she always talked about her 1968 Ford Mustang. well to make this a special day i have managed to find a 1965 Ford Mustang to take my parents out in for lunch. and the car is costing me nothing to borrow. thanks to my awesome father in law. it's his mechanics. originally many friends recommended i start a fundraiser and i did to help my dream come true. well since the car cost nothing i will be using some to take my parents out and the rest is going to the Foundation Fighting Blindness. just wanted to keep my Z family updated.

www.gofundme.com/thelastride

Post subject: Re: Last day driving
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:53 pm 

Hi Mike,

I am saddened to hear this but I truly believe that you have the inner strength and fortitude to weather this storm and overcome this challenge. Not to suggest that you'll overcome blindness but that you will continue to lead a life worth living, one with joy, meaningful work, family, fatherhood, love and loyal friendships.

If it's a contest between you and blindness destroying your life, I'll bet on you every time. Blindness doesn't have a chance my friend.

Ross

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:44 am 

Ross.Williams wrote:
Hi Mike,

I am saddened to hear this but I truly believe that you have the inner strength and fortitude to weather this storm and overcome this challenge. Not to suggest that you'll overcome blindness but that you will continue to lead a life worth living, one with joy, meaningful work, family, fatherhood, love and loyal friendships.

If it's a contest between you and blindness destroying your life, I'll bet on you every time. Blindness doesn't have a chance my friend.

Ross

well said Ross. thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:45 am 

:( I don't want this to happen. :cry: Life is hardly ever fair.
I have a lot of happy memories of you driving Dangerous Z and you were actually a very good driver. [Heck, you learned to drive effectively without a clutch in less than an hour, and kept up with everybody else!]

My favorite British female actress (Judi Dench) has just announced her retirement from acting due to MD; she can no longer read her scripts. Her appearance as "M" in the James Bond movie Skyfall was her final farewell to the theater. One of my most-respected pistol shots in the Marines developed Macular Degeneration and had to retire. It was a personal loss for many of us who were in awe of his shooting skills. He was only about 30.

Research continues searching for ways to reverse or correct this issue. My hope is they find a way to significantly restore sight and let you benefit from it directly.

Frank

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:01 am 

Frank T wrote:
:( I don't want this to happen. :cry: Life is hardly ever fair.
I have a lot of happy memories of you driving Dangerous Z and you were actually a very good driver. [Heck, you learned to drive effectively without a clutch in less than an hour, and kept up with everybody else!]

My favorite British female actress (Judi Dench) has just announced her retirement from acting due to MD; she can no longer read her scripts. Her appearance as "M" in the James Bond movie Skyfall was her final farewell to the theater. One of my most-respected pistol shots in the Marines developed Macular Degeneration and had to retire. It was a personal loss for many of us who were in awe of his shooting skills. He was only about 30.

Research continues searching for ways to reverse or correct this issue. My hope is they find a way to significantly restore sight and let you benefit from it directly.

Frank

thank you Frank. and if and when that day comes i hope to be in a Z again on the road driving with all of my Z family. Dangerous Z part 2 to be continued...