Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:14 pm 

Just a heads-up for any of you with a hankerin' for Hagus, bagpipes, sheepdogs, Claymores and Tossin' the Caber, this year's CT Scottish Highland Games will be held on Sun/12 Oct (the day following our Fall Picnic), in the usual appropriate town of Scotland, CT.

http://scotlandgames.org/

There's no way to describe this event ~ you just have to experience it yrslf. If there's any Scottish blood in you, or if you love bagpipe or harp music or twirling Highland dancers, this is the place to be. Usually about 50 clan tents offer heritage information about your family name and tartan, and many, many vendor tents sell wonderful Scottish, Irish and Welsh crafts and foods. No matter how often I go, I can't seem to resist buying yet another of the great, warm Tartan Tweed blankets. Everybody who sees them begs to take them home, so I always have to buy more. My girls sort of wear them around the house as shawls in the winter. They make excellent and appropriate Christmas gifts just when they're needed most. The prices are usually very reasonable at these Games. http://www.scotweb.co.uk/products/field ... swool-rug/

See you there?