Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:04 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:58 pm 

Just wanted to wish everyone a hello from Lincoln, Nebraska, the home of the 2014 SCCA Solo National Championships!

I have been here since Saturday, spectating the Pro Solo finale. It's my first time at nationals (and in nebraska) and am just soaking in all the great company and smoking fast cars and drivers. I am co-driving a Honda CRX in STS class. My car isn't quite prepped to ESP class yet and it is not wise to go so far with an SP car without a trailer.

I run Thurs/Fri. Did test and tune today and got the car set up to where we want it to be.

We pulled the shocks off the car after the car owner finished the pro solo finale and got them revalved on site at Koni's mobile support truck.

I'll post more when I get back (and pictures). Big "Z" highlights so far is Bryan Heitkotter taking 3rd in STX (the largest class here, at 67 drivers). And he did it in a 94 na z32, taking down many "twins" (FRS/BRZ), RX8's, E36's. And Jeff Stuart (I don't actually know him in person) taking 3rd in CS with a 370Z. Again, a class mostly filled with twins and rx8s. We'll see how they do in day 2 of competition. I hope Heitkotter can move into the 1st slot since the z32 is an absolute underdog in STX.

Stay tuned on the action at sololive.scca.com
I think there's also a livestream for both east and west courses (links on sololive).

And lastly, I cannot wait to see this SSM z31 run.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:47 am 
Site Admin

This is so awesome - thanks for updating us, Justin!

What an amazing event and experience this must be for you...I'll definitely tune in via that live stream link, but keep us posted throughout!

GOOD LUCK!

- Jim

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:52 am 

Wowwww! We finally get a 2nd CTZCC member to invade Nebraska!!! We have a dear Z Club member about 400 miles West of you, just 5hrs along Rte80! Our buddy "Wild Bill" James lives close to the Wyoming boarder and has owned several Z cars during the past few years. He's currently supposed to be working on a 1972 240Z when he isn't minding his health food store. It would be so cool if you guyZ could meet! :D

Its exciting for us to know you're out there in the Big Leagues! Very cool to think of you burning the tread off of a few sets of tires while we slave away here getting our cars ready for the Z Show this weekend.

You WILL be back in time for it, yes?

Please, PLEASE, bring me back an ear of corn from Nebraska?? I want to frame it! :lol:

Frank T