Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:10 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:43 pm 

Received this from our Chicago member, TENGU, who is also a devoted P1800 Volvo fan:

Hi Frank,
Bad news. I just read this on the 1800 forum.
Mats Erikssons unique P1800, chassis #2, has been
stolen out of a garage north of Stockholm. Please keep your eyes open and contact the Police with any information.
Jake

Why look here? Because the USA is the primary market for cars stolen overseas. (Mexico and Saudi Arabia ranked #2 and #3 about 10 years ago). Your chances of finding P1800 #2 are as good as anyone's. Be aware also of modified VINs or suspicious combinations of numbers which don't look right or appropriate for the car's age. Thieves don't want to retire on every car they sell, they just want to make a good quick profit over the cost of transporting it here and some reward for the risk they took.
Anybody traveling in "P1800 circles" should be on the lookout for this important car. Tom W, are you listening?

The thief probably didn't realize this was an important car, which is so easily identified. He probably stole it because it was in pristine condition and would bring a quick sale. Now he's kinda stuck with a known and identifiable classic which he can't really sell easily, and won't get much money for if he parts it out. Sort of like the Goldfinger Aston Martin which was stolen in 1997 and is still missing.

P1800 chassis #2 was the very first production P1800 released from the factory. This would be the Volvo equivalent of Lucky #13 being stolen. Nobody could actually sell those cars, because everyone would know they were stolen merchandise. Parting either car out would be a risk as well, and wouldn't bring enough money to justify the risk.

Hope this car gets found quickly.

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2013 ... in-sweden/
Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:35 pm 

GREAT NEWS. P1800 #2 has been recovered, only a few miles from where it was stolen, apparently with little damage. Some sharp-eyed Good Samaritan saw it parked roadside, abandoned, and checked the VIN to confirm it was the missing car. Cops arrived and the car is now back in possession of the very relieved owner.

Here's a copy of the news release and some actual copy of the Volvo P1800 Club's recent edition. If you don't read Svenka (Swedish), you can press the "ENGLISH" button in the left margin and it becomes a whole lot more interesting.

A picture of the "finder" standing beside the car, which looks pretty intact from here.

http://www.volvop1800club.se/

* * * * * * * * (Translated to English) * * * * *
Finally - Chnr 2 found again!!
The car was found in Hägerstensvägen in Stockholm. Robert Bjorklund in the afternoon of 1/9-2013.
Thank you very much Robert for being attentive and made sure the car was right. Thank you also for all the other help.

I would also like to thank all the kind people and friends who helped me in various ways to look for the car and supported me during these days the car was gone, thinking especially of a friend and you're Kenneth Collander, thank you!
A quick visual inspection of the car on the spot where it was found, I noted that the car does not förstöts so much. However, there is some damage. A thorough check of the car will be made in the coming week.
Once again thank you Robert!!
Mats Eriksson, 0708916513, email