Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: New car story
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:33 pm 

Also, end of the truck story. Back before xmas I got tagged in my truck by some newbie driver, and since have gotten paid well for my damage and inconveniences. So I was able to keep my truck, and gave it a quick fix, and will use it for what it is. So decision was to by a new car that had to be decent in the snow, and automatic. Tan Interior was a plus, and so would be 4x4. Luxury would be nice to. So the search began. Limit was $3,000. I was willing to try something different, so I looked at Subaru and the only thing I liked was the SVX. Then BMW, and almost bought a 740il, and realized that would of been a mistake, don't want to spend alot on repairs that I'm not familiar with. looked at Mercedes.....and only liked the newer stuff, too much. Volvo, nah, Saab I didn't even consider. Forget American cars. So I landed back in Japan. Looked at Lexus & Infinity models Honda Accord, Toyota Camry. Then finally Acura....then typed in Legend, and BAM. So I am a new owner of a 94 Legend Coupe LS with the type 2 motor, automatic, black with tan leather. Major score. If you know these cars, they are one to go down in history. The way the drive line is set up, you have no torque steer, plus the traction control works great, I think it does better than my truck. :cry: The type 2 engine has 230 HP. Something comparable to the Z32 N/A. I did think of that defiantly, but, not as good in snow, would prefer my Z to be stick shift, plus, I wouldn't want to ruin and abuse it. So this fits all my practical needs. Truck will haul. :D So someone please buy my z31. :wink: I need a few Acura parts now. So the bad....paint job on bumper sucks, just painted over the peel. front brakes, 2 rear upper ball joints, and thermostat was out, so will be checking for head gasket leak. It would still be worth it. Plus I have done the job before, and know it well. Driver seat has small tears, and 2 minor cracks on dash. All the cosmetic stuff I can cover up. Found a BRA, dash cover, seat covers or just get the original cover and reupholster it myself. This will keep me from driving my Z's too much. :D Use them just for nice days and events. Of course I could take this to the All Japanese Car Show. ummmmmmmmmm :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:23 pm 

You should have stuck with the Subbies... I had a 95 leggy...that I loved till the miles raked up, for only $1200, then jumped lite years to the 2007 outback...I can't get my self out of that car...it might be the seat warmers.....

Having a dependable car that doubles as a fun car to haul my kayak to fishing spots...anywhere.... and using it to get it dirty... I've lost the love for my Z and my CRX... I'll just finish them now to just sell them cheap...and maybe get a 2011-2012 Outback, or a cheap truck and a boat. My outback opened my eyes to excitement other than rebuilding cars... and welp... it's fun...not stressing out on waiting for parts, or finding the perfect part to make it awesome...just gotta find the right bait now and get to a spot on a river, lake, or cove to just relax and fish.

Those car commercials will get you looking into new adventures.... but I do want to still have fun with my Z...even though it might be short lived...

Also Known As Clayton Pace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:37 pm 

well Clayton we hope you get that love back in the future. for now take some time off and enjoy life. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:48 am 

Subaru's are good, and I love the SVX, but hard to find unless willing to travel, and need to spend at least $7,000 on a newer model 95-97. early ones had tranni problems from what I have read. So I was only willing to spend at the most $3,000, but $2,500 was more the goal, and I got this for $2,400 and have a few bucks to put into it. It was also about style. To me, the SVX was the only thing from Subaru that interest me, but in general I would recomend Subaru all day, especially for it's all wheel drive. Don't forget I still have my truck. Next year with new snow tires, and possi front end, I'll be unstoppable. :twisted: I gave the Legend a good test on a corner with some ice on it, floored it and it it took straight off, traction control works great. The tires aren't the greatest eith, enough to get through summer. Oh yea, the variable heated seats are awsome, plus heated mirors, memory seats, cruise works. I have to replace a coupl speakers, but the factory Bose system is awsome. Has a tape deck, (can use ipod) plus 6 disc cd changer. So AJ, keep your 260 at least. and the Subaru, nice ride. :D