Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:31 pm 

The following was forwarded to me - I pass it along here.
Carl
= = = = = = = = =

Who "saved" the miners in Chile?

While you may not have heard much about it - if you watched CNN or any of the other Info'tainment media shows... Here is the truth.

I also found it interesting that the President of Chile called upon and accepted help from around the world when this critical situation arose. Compare his actions to our own President when oil was filling the Gulf of Mexico...

God Bless America

Far be it for an American President to publicly congratulate (let alone even mention) AMERICAN ingenuity and AMERICAN PRIVATE ENTERPRISE for the miracle rescue of the Chilean Miners.

·  Schramm Inc. of West Chester, Pennsylvania built the drills and equipment used to reach the trapped miners. ·  Center Rock Company, also from Pennsylvania , built the drill bits used to reach the miners. ·  UPS, the US shipping company, delivered the 13-ton drilling equipment from Pennsylvania to Chile in less than 48 hours. ·  Crews from Layne Christensen Company of Wichita Kansas and its subsidiary Geotec Boyles Bros. worked the drills and machinery to locate and reach the miners and then enlarge the holes to ultimately rescue them. ·  Jeff Hart of Denver Colorado was called off his job drilling water wells for the U.S. Army's forward operating bases in Afghanistan to lead the drilling crew that reached the miners. ·  Atlas Copco Construction Mining Company of Milwaukee, Wisconsin provided consulting on how to make drilling equipment from different sources work together under differing pressure specifications. ·  Aries Central California Video of Fresno California designed the special cameras that were lowered nearly a mile into the ground sending back video of the miners. ·  Zephyr Technologies of Annapolis Maryland, made the remote monitors of vital signs that miners will wear during their ascent. ·  NASA Engineers designed the " Phoenix " capsule that miners would be brought to the surface in, and provided medical consulting, special diets and spandex suits to maintain miners' blood pressure as they're brought back to the surface. ·  Drilling Supply Co., Houston also involved.

Oh, and Canadian-based Precision Drilling Corp. and South-African company Murray & Roberts, drilled  backup rescue shafts {using American technology and tools} in case the American rig failed. Which it didn't. 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:47 pm 

Hey Carl, what are you, proud to be an American or something?? 8)

I think this is a wonderful addition to our VENDOR RAVES forum, and I might copy it to our OFF TOPIC forum, as well.

Thanks for this, Yanqui.
Frank

Post subject: May be Off-Topic
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:13 pm 

Hi Frank:
My Great Grandfather was proud to become an American and I thank the Almighty every day that I was born here.

I didn't know where to put the information - but since it concerned suppliers and services - I guessed at the Vendor forum.. Perhaps "Off-Topic" would be better..

FWIW,
Carl B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:12 am 

(Personally, I'd like to post it in each Forum!) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:18 pm 

Great Story! :D I followed it too and was very impressed by the Chilean Presidents remarks and personal involvement with the rescue efforts. I hate to admit it but our government could learn a thing or two here.

1980 280 zx coupe
2005 Pathfinder
1971 240 z
1982 280zx, 1977 &1974 corvettes