Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:47 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:48 am 

After 3 years of ownership, today I got my 72 240 registered and insured :D , but can't drive her yet. :cry: Besides everything else going on in my life I've been workin like crazy to get her road ready. Today I'm takin my driveshaft to have new u-joints (MSA brand) put on, plus they will balance it. Then put everything together on the right front and then rebuild the left side. Includes, new ball joints, new tie rods,new bearings, turned rotors, rebuild brake calipers, relube the strut bearing for easier turning, then I'm refurbishing a 280 rack then adjust it and use it..............and many more new parts......................Then after new tires and a small road trip......I should be showing up in Carlisle.........................Talk about last minute stuff....... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:53 am 

Congrats Paul! I hope to know that feeling by the years end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:11 am 

Way to go Paul!
Let's have a few beers before Carlisle
Al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:29 am 

Excellent Paul! Can't wait to see the car in Carlisle AND at our All Japanese Car Show!

Got to air that baby out at the Glen!

:D

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com
FB: Zccr zcarclubofrochester

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:04 pm 

I'm still waiting for Vinny to come pick my Z up and tune it, then I can register it after I toss on the insurance. been two or three months since I requested the service...... some #13 car or something has been taking my spot in line for maintenance., I was hoping to have the Z on the road for some spring fun, and drive it all summer so I can build up my CRX getting it perfect.

I'm just not having the luck of cars as of late. :(

Also Known As Clayton Pace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:17 pm 

and let's not forget all the body work that will be getting done on my car Clayton. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:19 pm 

and the nerve of this #13 car. who does he think he is to just cut in line like that? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:27 am 

Well Al, I'll need a test run before I go as far as Carlise. Whatcha you doing next weekend? I'm still waiting for some parts before I can drive her.......water pump, rack bushings and all my tune up stuff....should be next week, so next weekend should be my maiden voyage. :D Monday I pick up my driveshaft and then get tires.....so I have Tues,Wed, & Thursday afternoon to get her done, Friday as back up...........then when all done I'll find the time to show some pics of progress. Hang in there AJ, it'll all work out, I have had more disappointments then I can think of to get this far myself. :wink: Recently I had and still have sort of a stage fright.......I was afraid to actually register it, and now the thought of driving her on the road is still ahead of me. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:48 am 

Well almost there.......I finally got my tires and the wheels are on, front end done, now today will get the driveshaft in and put the exhaust back up, then all that's left is the coolant system......installing new water pump, main hoses, heater hoses, and clean up the only decent radiator I could find, but it holds water. (will eventually get a new one) Then a few interior details, so defiantly this week. I have my first local car show next Saturday.......so open season begins :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:37 am 

The first test started out good, but our wonderful roads finished off my front shocks, came back with a little bounce. :oops: So I special ordered springs and shocks front and back and will be working on that this weekend. The only other thing was the speedo cable is broke so hopefully I have a good one around. Other than that all else is good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:33 am 

Go, Paul, GO! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:36 am 

So far the job sucks, :twisted: as far as getting the strut out of the tube, and getting the nut off, so had it soaking in PB las knight so we'll see how that goes. :roll: It was all good till that point, only took less half an hour to remove all and get the spring off. This thing must have been in there 38 years. :shock: So today....more bangin and lots of fire :evil: .... :arrow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:37 am 

ps...it did move about a 1/4 " when I quit at 9:30 last knight. I have hope :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:00 am 

Front shocks are in. :D Also did the strut rod bushings and sway bar bushings as well. Then put new bushings in the sloppy shifter. They weren't even there. :shock: Then got the old Alpine tape deck working from the 300zx parts car. So after I get the rear shocks in, :roll: then I'll install my tape deck, yes, I still like tapes. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:32 pm 

what are tapes?

:?:

Also Known As Clayton Pace