Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:44 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:47 pm 

Our member John Taddonio, PreZident of the Rochester Z Car Club, proudly adviZes us that two RZCC members (Barry Brown and Jeff Benson) have broken the existing land speed record in their class with their 1976 Datsun pickup truck.

What is NOT surpriZing is that they achieved this magic with a 2.0L engine built and prepped by Vinny Bedini.

Somehow Vinny managed to squeeZe 220bhp out of that little 4-banger while keeping it within the limits of its street-legal class. That achievement was good enough to break the existing class speed record by nearly 5mph. The truck is on its way to Bonneville to make it official.

Congratulations John, Barry, Jeff and Vinny. Break the record on the Utah salt flats!

Does anyone still wonder why we trust Vinny with our most-precious Zs?

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/blog/20 ... onneville/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:58 am 

Vinny is awesome and he has forgotten more about Datsuns than I will ever know. I was at Vinny's shop last night where I got an intro to Datsun race engines.

Congrats to all!!!

1972 Datsun 240z #88178

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:41 am 

That's cool, 8) I could use that horsepower in my truck. Stock is 105, I think it's down to 80 with the miles it has. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:47 pm 

AND this record setting truck will be on display at ZCCR's ALL JAPANESE CAR SHOW on July 10!

PLEASE join us! Find all of the details under "events".

Hope to Z you there!

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com
FB: Zccr zcarclubofrochester

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:55 am 

Yea last year I had the Slowest truck at this show, (is that what that trophy was really for, :? ) now I can't wait to see this truck for sure. The show was a hit last year, had a great time, defiantly a top notch show, a must see, so I hope many CTZCC members will join me again this year, especially if your a New Yorker like me, you must go, it's like family, of course if you have a Z car, you're all family. :D Have to get a hotel in advance because I wont have the truck to sleep in this time, yes the place was more busy of a town than I thought. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:39 pm 

That would have been fun to watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:40 am 

Call me cheep, but camping is on my agenda. I'm leaving Thursday and so far have reservations at a campground in Amsterdam as a half way point. $22 and there are showers. Still looking for some in the Rochester area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:44 pm 

Paul, look into Webster/Penfield/Ontario towns of NY for campgrounds.

You may also want to look into camping at Monroe County's Webster Park Campground which is smack in the middle of the action (not counting Watkins Glen of course!). It is literally one mile from my house (site of the Friday Kickoff Party) and about 3 miles from the car show site.

Here is a link:

http://www.monroecounty.gov/parks-webster.php

And don't worry about the bears....

:wink:

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:02 pm 

Altho it's a bit farther away than you might prefer, Paul, I had a wonderful camping experience in Ithaca. El Cheapo, clean facilities, spacious sites and nearby dams, creeks and rivers to fish in.

Backwoods roads might take a bit of time to get you to Rochester, tho.

"Ithaca is gorges" :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:43 pm 

This isn't the place with the bear problem. :lol: well sounds good, I will check that out, and so far at Rochester Al is going to meet up with me there. Anyone else? I chose Amsterdam as a half way point, because driving a small Z that long has so far caused me some pain, for I have back and hip issues and going to the Doc tomorrow to hopefully get this process going. Getting hit by a car twice in your life can cause some ill effects later in life. They didn't have physical therapy then or check up on you to make sure you're growing right. :roll: Frank, I agree, Ithaca is nice, had to go to a funeral there once, but I'm looking for the shortest point of travel, in the area of the show, and Johns house. It's actually not about the camping, it's about staying someplace cheap so I can spend more money at the show. :wink: John, if you read this, when does that form have to be in, or can I give you that and the money Friday at your place, that would save me alot in shipping. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:58 am 

Paul, we are encouraging pre-registration to get our ducks in a row before the event. The Watkins Glen event is limited and space is filling up. We also have to get a count for lunch to WGI by July 1. So if you are planning on that part of our weekend, I would encourage you to get your registration form in as soon as possible. I wouldn't want you to miss out on laps at the Glen!

Call me if you have any questions, 585-261-6491.

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:39 pm 

Hey, No problem, actually I have the checks for the event and campground all set and ready to mail, and will ASAP. It's in my wife's name, so don't be alarmed, I don't do checks. I pay everything online or occasionally get a money order, but that would just take to long. :roll: