Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 8:17 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Favre's Homecoming!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:37 pm 

I just thought I'd take a moment to gloat, a little. As most of you know by now, Frank, is a die hard CHEEZE HEAD, while I'm a life long, VIKING! So it came as no surprise to me, that on Sunday past, my VIKINGS, spanked, Frank's, Packers.

The score is irrelevant, a win is a win, baby. Go Vikes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:30 pm 

Yeah, and it was WEIRD to have Brett win another game at Lambeau ~ AGAINST the Pack!!! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:29 pm 

Wow, another Vikings fan. Don't see too many of us here in Connecticut.

I must say it was a decent game, but the Vikings did let the Packers close the score down too much.

Ooo and Jared Allen is an ANIMAL!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:42 pm 

It hurt me to hear the local Cheeze "Boo" Brett as he entered the stadium. He did more for Title Town than anyone since the Bart Starr and Vince Lombardi days.

Brett asked to stay with Green Bay when he changed his mind about retiring. The Pack had already signed Aaron Rodgers as starting QB and didn't want to risk a lawsuit by breaking that contract. They actually offered Brett something like $20 Million dollars to stay with his retirement plans.

He still wanted to play ball. GB wouldn't take him back. He signed with the Jets and improved their record for the brief time he was there. Then Minnesota grabbed him and paid him better, treated him better and even sent the head coach to pick him up at the airport :lol: Brett was the missing link to a football club which will now probably go to the Playoffs, and maybe to the Superbowl. Lord knows the Vikes had everything else a team needed to succeed, except a good QB. They even stole Ryan Longwell from the Pack, who is the best 'toe' in football since that Linquist guy retired from the Seahawks.

I consider Brett to be the "Robert E Lee" of today's NFL. He's the best General since Roger Staubach and even at age 40, he can out-shoot just about every other QB still in uniform. That's not to say he's bullet-proof or infallible, but on any given day he's usually better than any other QB still playing the game. Surely, while he played at Green Bay, it was considered DEATH for most teams to try to beat the Pack at Lambeau.

Even now, when the Vikings seem to have finally found the missing piece to their success puZZle, they couldn't afford to make too many mistakes in the face of the Green Bay defense.

Not too sure where I was going with all that dribble, except to say it surpriZed and hurt me to hear Brett "booed" coming into Lambeau.
And it remains confusing to me, to see my football hero beat up my football team. It still seems to me like Mom and Dad fighting after a divorce, and my current fantasy is to once again see Brett Favre wearing CheeZe before he really retires.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:06 am 

Well Frank, at least you can take comfort in the fact that Brett is still playing, albet, not for your beloved Packers. As i have stated before, i myself, a die hard Vikes fan, have worn a chezze head, while watching Brett destroy my Vikings, in the Metrodome. He was young back then, still his arm hasn't lost any of that zip.

So we all agree, the Vikings are going to the Super Bowl!

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:01 pm 

Not all of us agree...the G-men might have something to say about it once they pull their head out of their butt or wherever it'z been the las 3 games....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:49 pm 

Did they decide to find the collective heads after the embarrassing loss to Tampa? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:45 am 

Allan, even you have to admit, the g-men aren't what they thought they were.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:52 am 

Yeah,I'm pretty disgusted right about now...