Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:45 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Green Bay vs Minnesota
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:51 am 

I've been a Packer Backer since 1964. You can't ask me to explain that ~ I'm not from there and have never lived there. It just happened. My second favorite team has ALWAYS been the Minnesota Vikings ~ same reasoning. The very best game of the year for me has always been the Pack vs the Vikings.

I guess maybe it was because the Pack, the Vikes and the Bears were the final ball clubs to still play outdoors, in the dirt, like real men.

For 16 of the past 18 years, Brett Favre has been synonymous with my GBP, and vice-versa. All during those years, whether they won or lost, I've supported "Brett and the Pack", like the rest of us who love the team.

Last night was emotionally frustrating for me. In a confusion which little kids must feel when mom and dad get a divorce, I was torn about who to cheer for. I watched my own football hero beat up my own football team ~ I even took off my Cheese Hat during the game.

There's no question in my mind wether I'm a "Green Bay Fan" or a "Brett Favre Fan" ~ I've loved the Pack since waaayyyy back in the Bart Starr/Vince Lombardi days. I'm a loyal GB cheesehead, probably forever.

I just wish Mom and Dad could get back together again. My quiet dream is to see Brett wearing Cheese again before he REALLY retires.
:cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:12 pm 

frank i feal exactly the same way as you do i think i might have even shead a tear i cant evean come to look at my #4 any more keep thinking i might burn it but cant come to it :?

o0O-RAH

Post subject: Cheese Stinks
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:04 am 

Frank, you now know i have the best of both worlds. Not only was i born and raised in Mpls., i now have my very own reason to hope for another trip to the super bowl, thanks to Brett's timely departure, from the Green Bay Packers, i mean the New York Jets.

As Frank knows I played my college football for the Minnesota Golden Gophers, as well as professionally for the Seattle Sea Hawks. my involvement in the game of football either as a player, or a coach has now spanned almost 50 years. I've even worn a cheese head, in the Metrodome, during a Pack, Vikes game.

So Frank, root on the Brett Farve led Minnesota Vikings, all the way to the Super Bowl

Danny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:06 pm 

But it hurts, Danny, it hurts! :cry:

I love the Pack. I like the Vikes. How do you chooZe btwn two desires??? It's like wanting both sisters at once :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:11 pm 

Hmmm...remindz me of the time...
But seriously...didja know Ginetta has a sister?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:18 pm 

:shock: !!!

:lol:

Post subject: Re: Cheese Stinks
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:57 pm 

dan.linquist wrote:
Frank, you now know i have the best of both worlds. Not only was i born and raised in Mpls., i now have my very own reason to hope for another trip to the super bowl, thanks to Brett's timely departure, from the Green Bay Packers, i mean the New York Jets.

As Frank knows I played my college football for the Minnesota Golden Gophers, as well as professionally for the Seattle Sea Hawks. my involvement in the game of football either as a player, or a coach has now spanned almost 50 years. I've even worn a cheese head, in the Metrodome, during a Pack, Vikes game.

So Frank, root on the Brett Farve led Minnesota Vikings, all the way to the Super Bowl

Danny

Danny,
What year did you play for Minnesota? My stepfather played there before going on to the Giants.

Post subject: Golden Gophers
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:48 pm 

I played for coach Cal Stoll in 73 & 74. Tony Dungy was my QB. Tom Moore, who was my offensive coordinator, is now in the same capacity, with the Indianapolis Colts.

What years did you say your stepfather played their?

Danny

Post subject: Re: Golden Gophers
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:05 am 

dan.linquist wrote:
I played for coach Cal Stoll in 73 & 74. Tony Dungy was my QB. Tom Moore, who was my offensive coordinator, is now in the same capacity, with the Indianapolis Colts.

What years did you say your stepfather played their?

Danny

He was there a couple years before you, '68-'70.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:07 pm 

Your stepfather must have played for coach Murray Warmath. The last Gopher team to win the national championship was the 1960 team led by QB, Sandy Stephens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:36 am 

Well, this was a good weekend. The Pack went to Soldier Field and trounced da Bears, which leaves Green Bay 9W-4L so far.

And the Vikings beat the Sin City Bengals, leaving their standing at 11W-2L and making them look really healthy for the playoffs. All our recent weekends have had similar reports.

Both "my" teams are doing really well this year. Of course I worry about the undefeated Colts and Saints, but when those two teams play each other one of them will break. I really don't care which one, because all I ever care about is that either the Vikes or the Pack make it to the superbowl.

It looks pretty possible that the Vikes will take on the winner of the the Colts/Saints game, but I can never count out the Wildcard possibilities for the Pack, either. (I've never been able to figure out how that works, but the Pack has ended up in the Playoffs after a few seasons which were a LOT worse than this one, so there's still hope for them).

I've got two college degrees, but if this makes any sense to you, you're smarter than I am:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_are_NFL_D ... determined *(THIS REALLY IS THE MOST POORLY-WORDED, UNPUNCTUATED EXPLANATION I'VE EVER HEARD. I'M MORE CONFUSED AFTER READING THE EXPLANATION THAN I WAS BEFORE READING IT!)

If the Pack played the Vikes for the Superbowl, you'd have to bury me by Halftime. I just couldn't take the stress!

GOPACKGO! :D

Last edited by Frank T on Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:29 pm 

January 2010 ~

Well, if I can't watch Green Bay win, I love to watch Dallas lose.

My beloved Pack is done for the season, following a valiant effort against some of the best teams the League has witnessed in several years.

But Brett Favre went to the Vikings (and took kicker Ryan Longwell with him) and, as I write this, they are thoroughly trouncing the Cowboys at Minnesota for the Divisional championship. At halftime it's Vikes 17, Cowboys 3.

Anything can happen in the second half, but it's been a happy and rewarding day so far.

Today's winner (and I do so hope it's the Vikings) will travel to fight the awesome New Orleans Saints, who have simply crushed almost everyone they have faced this season.

Baseball's over, the Zs are in their hibernation dens until Spring, and this NFL excitement is the only thing that's keeping me even half-sane at this time of the year.

GonePackGone :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:25 pm 

Hey Frank at least your not a Giants fan! I going to pretend this year never happened. Also, dont forget hockey. The Bruins are still playing. Not as popular but still hard hitting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:10 pm 

Yeah, you're right. And if we can keep track of the crazy international soccer games, we all know InterMilan ROCKS.

Favre just threw his 4th long-range touchdown of the game, pushing the Vikings to 34 over Dallas' 3 points. Game over. It's been a good day. :wink:

I don't know why I hate the Cowboys like I do, but it gives me a strange joy anytime they get whupped. Dallas' season is now over (THANK YOU!) and the Vikings now go on to challenge the #1 ranked, scary-good New Orleans Saints next weekend.

Every game is different. Any team can win on any given day. Weird things happen every time that oblong ball is snapped. Stay tuned!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:25 pm 

Intermilan does ROCK. :wink: The Vikings are going all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is just a great year for sports, atleast for me.