Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: MERRY CHRISTMAS!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:15 pm 

:D

I wish every member of this Club a very Blessed and Merry Christmas.

Getting my old 240Z back and my membership in the CTZCC this year has helped make 2008 the best year of my life. I've met members in the past year who I wish I had known all my life. This Club is truly made up of some of the best people I've ever known.

I thank you, each of you, for the great year. I look forward to 2009 with confidence and enthusiasm.

Z ya!

Frank T
MbrshpDir
CTZCC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:56 am 

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all... Just got thru starting my baby up to let it warm up for a while, too much salt on the roads now so she will be sitting a while more... Is it Spring yet???????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:45 am 

to all my brothers and sisters have a happy and safe holiday and let 2009 be a better year for you and yours! let your battery stay charged and your gas gauge work. let the oil leak under your car be from the car that parked in this spot before you. let the sender unit be the reason your oil gauge is reading 10 and the sender unit being the reason the car is reading hot, real hot!! let that wheel that is passing you on the highway be from a toyota and not from your zcar. please lord, let me have an extra set of points in the glove box and a matchbook cover when my car won't start on the side of the highway. and most of all, no officer, that couldn't be me, my car tops out at 125!!! mike engelhardt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:03 pm 

Happy holidays to all CTZCC members!! I agree with Frank, 2008 was a great Z year and I hope 2009 continues the trend!!

Enjoy your friends and family during the festivities, but I'm sure we'll all have our Z's in the back of our minds!!

Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:58 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hahaha ~ Mike, you're great! :lol: Phil, you've become like "family". :D

Merry Christmas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:13 am 

Merry Christmas everybody! And Happy New Year too!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:19 pm 

Happy holidays to all, and may I have more Z cars on the road next year, one Z isn't enough. (of course now there all sittin there waiting for spring :( )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:16 pm 

Well, I'm sitting out in Indiana with my in-laws family so it's a great time to pretend I'm working and instead catch up on our club.

Yes, 2008 was a great year for the club and for the people that make up the club. Memberships and friendships developed faster than Clive drove away from our last Fall Outing. After caravaning down to NJ for so many years to visit their shows, it is extremely satisfying to be a part of our own CT-based club. I knew that CT must have as many Z nuts as NJ did - the trick was in finding them! Well 2008 was the year of locating these nuts and at this point I think we have most of them accounted for. It still amazes me though when we get new applications (almost weekly) from folks that have a 10, 20 or 30 year old Z in their garage who are very happy to have found us.

2009 will surely be a good year for us. We now have the sponsors, structure and people we need to do some really fun stuff.

My wish list for the New Year:

* One of our members will buy a 370Z from Nissan Darien.
* One of our members will buy any car from Nissan Darien.
* Bob Sharp will negotiate a 10mph speed increase for our Parade Laps at Lime Rock.
* Bob Sharp will negotiate a 10 degree temperature reduction for our summer car show.
* Keith Hultmark will agree to be our "Events Director".
* I will see Frank Thomas' car in person (trailered does not count!) and his smiling face will continue to be the first to welcome new members as our Membership Director.
* Jim Hagani will continue to maintain and develop our web-site - never complaining when faced with my mindless requests.
* Tom Wasney, Barry Cohen, Mike Englehardt, Paul Mackin, Bill Moreau and Robin Foote will move to CT.
* Mike Rosann will not sell the best looking convertible in the club.
* John (and Beverly) Bianchi will post a picture of their beautiful 240Z in our Member Rides section.
* I will see Bob Farewells' 10th anniversary edition with six miles in person.
* Phil Parent will survive the process of making a club calendar (at Frank's direction) and won't quit as our club photographer.

There are so many other folks that are a part of this club that make it special. If you've been at an outing, posted on the discussion forum or uploaded pictures of your car, you have made this club what it is.

And most importantly, I wish that we will all be blessed with good health to enjoy our favorite hobby.

To all CTZCC members and guests: Happy Holidays and can't wait to see you and your cars in person during 2009!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:24 pm 

Here! Here! Well said!

Post subject: wish list
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:23 pm 

hey ross, be carefull what you wish for. i was thinking of buying the estate right next to you, mainly because of the big oak tree in the front yard. that would make the perfect engine cherry picker!! not to mention all the extra room i would have to store more zcars and parts, hey we could even get franks' car over there for a complete rebuild, not to mention toms' love of volvos. if he had the room he would have a dozen of those suckers, and because he's my bud i would help him out!!!! hi neighbor!!!!!!!! mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:53 am 

A Merry and a Happy to everyone. Hey Ross nice wish list, hopefully I can help out with one of those wishes. Perhaps a February coffee run in the daily driver's to discuss.

-Keith

***Look for samples of a CTZCC fleece pullover and fleece vest coming to the CTZCC Store in a week or two.

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z