Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:47 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:34 pm 

Been subscribing to a really great Car mag for about 3 years now, i would recommend it to all members and the Jan 09 edition in particular... Hemmings Sport and Exotic Car magazine this month has a great six page article on an original owner 78 Black Pearl with 17k miles on it, it is a good story on a true time warp car, also in the same issue is an article on Paul Newmans Nissan/Datsun racing days as our friend Bob Sharp remembers those times. A four pager with pics of the cars Paul raced for Bob and excellent commentary by Bob himself... This is a great magazine as it covers all the cool spotrs cars we all admired in the past and some i'm sure more than one of us has owned. It is on news stands in Barnes and Noble etc, pick up a copy, i know you won't regret it and will probably become a suscriber as i did....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:43 pm 

Ahhh, so Hemmings, the automotive bible, now has a magazine. ( I live such a sheltered life.) I will check that out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:10 pm 

paul.mackin wrote:
Ahhh, so Hemmings, the automotive bible, now has a magazine. ( I live such a sheltered life.) I will check that out.
Paul. they have a whole assortment of magazines now covering all aspects of the car hobby, check out their website some time, i get an automatic Hemmings weekly update sent to my email inbox, they have really diversified to keep up with the times and have done it really well..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:25 pm 

Yup. I've been buying their Classic Cars and Special Interest Autos magazines since the mid-1980s.

AND, their headquarters is just up the road in Vermont, about 120 miles from here. They welcome Club visits and it would make a rather nice drive as a Club caravan some weekend. *(Next Events Coordinator please take note!)* :wink: It would be a great way to get our Club photos into HMN.

Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:46 pm 

Have entered my Z's in their Sport and Exotic car shows for the last 3 years, 1st two were held at Lime Rock ,NICE. First show i had my 87 2+2, second show had my red 85 2 seater and took a 2nd place "favorite japanese car", third show had my 85 also and the competition was way too stiff but we had a lot of Z's in attendance, Mark Riffenbury got 1st place with his uber clean 81 ZX, last show was held at the Saratoga Auto Museum and will be there in the future, nice folks working at the different publications also, they put on a really nice event....