Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:36 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: COMPUTER VIRUS ALERT!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:31 am 

I have just been advised of a current (Nov08 ) computer virus you should be aware of.

You receive an EMail which appears to be from FedEx or UPS, which says they can't deliver your package because the recipient's mailing address is incorrect. They ask you to download a form to make a correction. When you open the form, it launches the virus.

Very effective, just in time for the holidays.

If you DON'T open the form and immediately delete the message, you're safe.

I understand the word "package" is misspelled in their message, or else the word "packet" is used instead.

Frank T
MbrshpDir

Post subject: Toyota Winner Scam
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:52 pm 

I've also been made aware of a scam which appears to be a WINNER'S NOTICE from TOYOTA, saying you've won the Sweepstakes 2nd Prize, which is $500,000 U.S. dollars and a new Toyota truck.

All you have to do is send them your full name, bank account number (so they can deposit the money in your account, of course :roll: ), DoB, other personal ID numbers, and wire them $1940.00 by Western Union TODAY.

You already know the result. It's a Nigerian scam, complete with long-distance telephone numbers to call and "coordinate your payment" on.
People actually answer the (cellular) phones, get your info, prompt you with names and addresses to wire the money to, etc. Very kind, indeed.

TWO DAYS after I learned about this scam, I received it! It was exactly as described to me.

It saddens me that the Nigerians think so poorly of us Yanks.

Frank T
MbrshpDir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:09 am 

:lol: HaHaHa! :lol:

Newest Scam, just received today ~ "The President of Nigeria, in order to "Check Mate" all the corruption going on in his country and Africa at large, has decided (just this morning, at a Cabinet meeting!) to SEND ME $2,500,000 USD. I will receive this amount in $10,000 increments every seven hours, at the Western Union shop of my choice".

All I have to do is call "his" (the Nigerian President's?) CELLPHONE and give him all my personal information.

LoL!!! I sincerely hope no Americans humiliate us by actually responding to this hoax.

What REALLY bothers me is that it came to my EMail through this website.

Has anyone else been selected to receive $2,500,000 thru Western Union, in order to "Check Mate" the corruption in Nigeria and Africa at large?

Frank