Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:35 pm 

WoW! I JUST NOW discovered a neat feature about this website!

From any Forum, if you run back to the top of the page and click on the "Speedometer", it takes you back to the Homepage!!!!

After all the months of struggling with signing off and signing back in, this is all I had to do??? DUHHHHH!!! :oops:

Signed ~
Jim Hagani
Webmaster! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:29 pm 

I'm the oposite I guess. I was using that all the time, but didn't want to go back to the hompage, until I recently discovered the forum index at the bottom of the screen. How's that 70 coming along?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:00 pm 

Hi Paul!

The '70 has a bad vacuum brake booster, and I can't locate one thru NISSAN. Black Dragon offers repair kits for about $140, or rebuilds for about $40 more. Since I've limited myself to a budget of no more then $100/month for the car, this will end up being close to a Christmas present to myself.

Also, the car has a small dent along the sharp edge of the L/R quarter panel, where I suspect a 1"x6" plank fell on it in the PO's barn. It wasn't there the first summer I went to see the car (to confirm it was mine), but was there this spring when I went to pick it up, and planks were standing nearby. Anyway, the paint isn't broken, so a body shop might be able to pop it back out without a respray. I have to have that done before I replace the interior panels, or else I have to remove all of them on the driver's side when I do repair the dent. The little plastic pop-rivets cost $3 each and there are four panels which have to be removed if I put them on before fixing the dent ~ so I'm waiting to do that.

I've been researching to see if there is a later model vacuum booster which I could use, to maybe upgrade the brake boost a bit, and be able to buy a new unit instead of trying to repair this one. If I'm going to pay $180 for a rebuilt unit, I might just as well buy a new one with better capacity.

This month I'm trying to find lugnuts which will allow me to use the great retro 5-slot wheels I got last month, without having to replace all 12 wheel lugs.

Aren't you glad you asked? :lol:

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:26 pm 

http://www.autozone.com/selectedZip,064 ... ectZip.htm

and I might have one kicking around for a 6-pack. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:20 pm 

Nope ~ That's worth a CASE of Corona if it works!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:54 am 

Yea I'm glad I asked. I'm installing a ZX booster and master in my 240, because my booster is bad as well and I had a good ZX system that was used not to long ago. I was told you just have to put it in upside down, (booster obviously,) so if well see how this works out. I have four 280 ones around, not shure whats good or if they fit. With the ZX set up I can then go to disc in the rear if I ever want. For now I should have better braking, well less effort on the pedal. I have to what to finish my exhaust and get the manifolds back on. Other than that some u-joints and bushings in the rear. Loose but still drivable. I have some spots I have to touch up paint and it's not the best paint job, but I'll do that a few years down the line. Mechanics first. Drive second. Then tear it all down and do it again.