Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:44 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:24 am 

OK, I"m not above asking for help when I know I need it.

I'm having trouble transferring photos ("Digital Images") from the library or desktop of my MacBook laptop, into the Forums.

Even when I freshly down-load them from my camera ("digital imager") into the library, I cant transfer them to the forums. When I select an image to post in the forums, it tries to load for many minutes, then flashes a screen saying I "tried to load empty file". I tried putting them into a PhotoBucket account, but can't get them into the Forums from there, either.

Images taken off the Web (such as that great Ferrari GTB/4 I drove) post OK from library or desktop. But the Forums appear to be "blind" to pix from other sources.

AND ~ I can exchange pix easily over Email, no problem! (So I could send 44 pix to Ross or Jim and ask them to Post them for me, but that's an unfair hassle for them, and I wouldn't be able to enter narration on their posts).

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

I have a number of nice shots from the Shelton Coffee Run and the June Meeting which I would like to post, and I'm ready to tear my hair out in frustration! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:29 am 

Hey Frank,

Once the images are hosted on your favorite web photo host, all you need to do is place "[img]photo%20location[/img]" tags around the address of your image.
If you look here... http://forums.ctzcc.com/posting.php?mode=quote&p=8466 , you can see the code I used to post the images.
Again, the images must be hosted on the web, you can't host from your own pc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

Barry:

What I think Frank wants to do is to use the new "Add an Attachment" feature of our forum. This enhancement allows forum members to post photos directly from their PC (or Mac laptop, in Frank's case) to our forums. By doing this, you no longer need to upload to a third party hosting service (such as photobucket.com).

To use the feature when you are writing a message to post to the forums, you simply click the "Browse" button under the "Add an Attachment" section of the message entry window. Once you locate the photo on your PC, you click the "Submit" to post your message.

Unfortunately, there might be an issue with this process when using a Mac laptop. Because I don't have one, I can't help Frank figure out where things are going awry.

- Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:58 pm 

Ahhh...

gotcha :wink: