Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Shelton coffee run
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:36 am 

Hey Guys, that was a awsome get together in shelton this morning.
Had a great time and was nice to see a great turn out. gotta keep these get togethers going. Z Ya ! Scott.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:51 am 

IT WAS GREAT TO SEE YOU TOO SCOTTY, AND YOUR BEAUTIFUL ROAD-ROCKET Z CAR!

In fact, I think we all had a pretty great time. Nearly 20 cars showed up and, judging by the number of members and guests walking around schmooZing, each Z must have arrived carrying 4-5 people! The location was a good one ~ many thanks to Paul Jensen for offering his property. We repaid his kindness by cramming his parkinglot with great cars and ridding him of all his coffee and goodies. Nice work, Paul!

The final approach to the site was a wide, smooth, fast chicane that invited adventure. I fed my nimble Ford Explorer thru the apex of each turn, Michelins screaming, at speeds approaching 37mph! :lol:
(Can hardly wait to get #02807 roadworthy!)

I finally got to see John Kish's perfect 1971 240Z, which I guess he's owned since birth. (COLIN! JOHN HAS ANSA EXHAUST ON HIS, TOO!)
We had at least one Z Car from every Era, including Ross Williams' exclusive Black Pearl (which is PERFECT), Anniversary 280s, some new 350s, and several of the GREAT Series-1 cars (the MOST beautiful, of course!), including Bryan's white-hot daily-driver '70 240 that thinks it's a Maserati. And Mike Rosann made it, driving his "convertible" 'Cool-Z' car.

It was fun, studying how the Z has evolved from generation to generation, just by strolling thru the parkinglot. I think we're blessed by being a Z club instead of, say, an Aston Martin or Ferrari club, where only 4 or 5 cars might exist to make such an informal meeting. (And Z owners are nicer, anyway!).

There were so many cars and so many people, that several photographers risked their lives crossing the road to get enough distance to include everything in a single picture. I wasn't able to make that happen with my cheapO camera, but I did get some good shots of the fun.

SO ~

I will now go study Ross' recent Post, telling us how to upload pics into a Forum. When it works, I will open a new Thread and share photos of the best-looking Z Cars in the State of Connecticut, which all came out to play together this morning!

Z Ya Later!
Frank T
(and THANKS AGAIN PAUL)