Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:20 pm 

In the mid-'80s The Dream Academy swept us away with their proprietary release of "LIFE IN A NORTHERN TOWN". I fell head-over-heels for their 28 y/o blonde bombshell Kate StJohn. She's a 65 y/o grandmother today, but at the time she could have had me for a whole summer if she'd only asked. Oh, well; her hit song still rings in my head often, anyway.

But I said all that to say this:

THE PUB CHOIR is a small musical organizational group which travels Australia, visiting different cities each month. They gather as many complete bar strangers as they can (btwn 70-2000 so far), get them a bit tipsy, then teach them to sing one song really well together (in 3-part harmony) in about 90 minutes. Strangers dress up a bit, pay for tickets to enter the venue, pay a bit more for drinks than usual, and PUB CHOIR donates all their profits to local charities. Tele-prompters remind each "choir" group of their parts. Their results are outstanding and look like great fun. The bouncy little Choir Master on stage is Astrid Jorgensen, who first had the idea for this whole endeavor.

HERE is a prime example of their work; 1,200 strangers gathered together in a pre-COVID Brisbane bar/dancehall to learn and harmonize to "LIFE IN A NORTHERN TOWN".

https://youtu.be/OF5o7iFyBZs

I'm willing to bet you can't listen to this just once.

Frank