Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:12 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:33 pm 

because they will someday take that away from us too.

After they wade thru the empty shell casings and pry lil Red from my cold,dead fingers...maybe...maybe not so much maybe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:16 am 

cfg240z wrote:
Hmmm…in my experience, political discussion + car forum doesn’t work very well. I come to a place like this to relax, learn, and laugh, not to raise my blood pressure….but maybe that’s just me.

Most of the population forms opinions based on the meanderings of radio show hosts and pundits…regardless of whether those 'personalities' have their facts correctly researched or not….that’s scary stuff. I think if one reads through an entire bill, from cover to cover, then they are educated enough to form a valid, respectable opinion on the issue.

Cheers,
Colin

Colin makes a good point, but it works both ways. If there weren't any
conservative talk shows I would have to settle for The Big Three and the
New York Slimes to get my daily liberal dosage.

He makes a second good point. Almost every US politician I heard
(many) (about 5 or 6 exceptions), irrespective of party, admitted that
they had NOT read the bill. I guess I understand that, being a slow
reader myself. Just what we need, 535 SUPPOSEDLY intelligent, respon-
sible people voting on something they had never read!!

But in the first place, a 3-page simple document would have sufficed to
address the major problem, lack of the competition the government wants
so desperately to provide, even though it was they who prohibited com-
petition across state lines. Real shrewd! Secondly, the publication of
a tome even thicker than War and Peace was probably designed to pro-
vide the "not enough time to read and digest it" excuse while simultane-
ously hiding therein some important provisions which if known would
jeopardize passage. All this in direct, flagrant, and wanton disregard of
the will of 73% of their constituents. Yup, that's REAL REPRESENTATION!

And as someone else noted, the Government has a long and unenviable
track record of NEVER being able to manage a project or program
efficiently and cost effectively, much less being able to manage money
any better than a drunken sailor on a spree.

I apologize for offending any former sailors by making use of a metaphor
which would belittle their branch of service by comparing some of their
number to a Body many of whose members border on reprobates and
criminals.
~Rick~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:58 am 

It's all out of our control. we should be thankful that we do have our own health and Z's :)

Black 2007 350-Z
67 Camaro Custom
Orange Late 71 240-Z Sold and sitting in a Doctors Collection

Colin Foote Never Forgotten!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:43 am 

HI Frank, Obama said illegals wouldn't be covered under his policy. Buuuuut if all illegals are given legals status,which is what they are now working on, they will be covered. There is a waiver that goes, if your payment is 8% or more of your income you qualify for this waiver. So in short ,you will be paying for their healthcare. There is also more info out that says 60% of the 30 million wont be able to pay the premium. Thats those who are legal at this time. They estimate there are 11 to 12million illegals at this time. I feel sorry for my father who has been paying taxes for 50 years , is a retired Navy vet. and retired state c/o. He will have the healthcare as anyone else( to say it nicely ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:55 am 

Scott.Cole wrote:
It's all out of our control. we should be thankful that we do have our own health and Z's :)

Z's, yes. Health, well, Kathy is still recuperating from her near-death
stroke of 3.5 years ago and me, well, let's say I have other challenges
other than just between my ears! This legislation will have a severe
impact on people in our age bracket and older, unless unconstitution-
ality can be successfully prosecuted and the legislation rescinded.

In anticipation of the future, I hereby open advance bidding on the
purchase of any or all of our cars. There is a reserve, so think big.
We will need it for medical expenses once this wonderful new system
kicks in, assuming we can even get a place on the waiting list!

All Z Best,..............................Kathy & Rick

1969 Z.CAR (#00013 10/69) 8/30/76
1969 ITSA.Z (#00171 11/69) 8/24/73
1970 OLD.Z (#06289 6/70) original owner
1971 510 2dr since 12/31/75
1969 1600 rdstr (our 160-Z)
1971 (#19851 1/71) sold
1975 75.Z (#01343 1/75)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:00 am 

Also Frank, about being deported, here's a funny fact. In R.I. they set up a deal for illegals. All charges will be dropped if they agree to be immediately deported back to their country of citizenship. I'm sure extreme charges don't apply. But R.I. said as of now no one has accepted the deal.(surprise!) They would rather be in our jail systems than go home. Maybe we're to soft. No that can't be it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:08 am 

Wait Kathy and Rick! That would be unAmerican! We would start a fund raising effort first. Keep that Z as long as you can! Yor are it's keeper! :lol: Snyder Out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:04 pm 

Al, I'm with you on that. :lol: Well for some, jail is better than back home, so of course they'll stay. 3 meals a day, a bed to sleep in, cable T.V. excersise room, shoot it's a resort to most. Jails, (institutions is another,) is another soaker of tax money. They should be dungeons and fed bread and water, all hanious crimes punishible by death. Then lets see the crime rate drop, but wait, our government would lose money then. :roll: The thing with imigrants, ummmmm, that's how America started don't forget, is they work harder than most Americans, but I agree if they commit crimes, send them back, it would be worse punishment. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:39 pm 

Agreed, we are a nation of immigrants ~ we all came from someplace else. But I specified ILLEGAL immigrants, not the "good" (registered) ones.

And we can't torture, maim, or subject our prisoners to cruel or unusual punishment ~ it's prohibited in the Bill of Rights (8th Amendment). That's part of what our forefathers came here to escape, and when they wrote the Constitution and Amendments, they were careful to prohibit that kind of treatment.

And while it's true that most immigrants (legal or illegal) work hard, that's not the determining factor. Without documentation they escape all the health screening which protects us from importing fatal epidemic diseases from abroad (if we don't know they're here, we don't know if they're sick) and if they don't have a valid Social Security number, they search for jobs which don't deduct from their pay. Thus we end up shouldering the burden for them in hospital care and old age, and in many states we pay for their kids to attend our public schools. We also have no way of knowing if an illegal immigrant is a wanted felon in his own country, or what he is wanted for, or if he is dangerously mentally defective. All that is screened by our ICE agents when a legal immigrant applies here.

Both California and New York have bankrupted themselves in recent years, and besides Texas, they are the two states with the highest population of illegal immigrants.

It just irks me that we leave the gates to the castle open and unguarded. We are a land of plenty, which can open its arms to many millions of deserving immigrants who want to share our wealth. In return, we enjoy a wide variety of new ideas and interesting neighbors, not to mention some great food and music from other cultures.

But ILLEGAL immigration is dangerous to our society, especially in an age of terrorism.

And remember this ~ the American Indians had TERRIBLE immigration control, and look what it did to them! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:00 pm 

Another aspect of the new plan will be cut backs in research and development . Medical offices and hospitals will not get enough reimbursments to cover the cost of new high tech diagnostic equipment . Service engineers are already being let go from some manufactures. It will trickle down and some will suffer. Fewer students will choose to spend 12 years studing medicine if they can not afford to pay the student loans back . It's the add on back room deals that were made with this plan that have yet to surface that bothers me. As a healthcare employee and recently going through a not so fun experience as a patient I am not sold on it yet. Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:20 pm 

(Well, Way to Go, Patrick ~ You hit a landmine! More than 260 views and over two dozen responses in less than 24hrs! Not bad, dude! You sure know how to fire up the masses! :wink: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:36 pm 

I try Frank. You should have seen the looks on the teachers and students at school last week when I said I wanted to start a Young Republicans Club. :lol:

I thought that this was an important thing to discuss as it is going to affect EVERYONE, and it would be a good idea for everyone to hear the other side of the argument. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:26 am 

haha! Want to see a REAL reaction on their faces? Tell them you want to name your group "Students for a Democratic Society" (SDS). Pick any Baby-Boomer teacher who might remember the 1960s. :lol:

(But be prepared to answer a lot of questions to the FBI :roll:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:57 pm 

I wasn't pertaining realy to ILLEGALS, sorry I wasn't more clear, yea, send em back. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Ok, so no torture, :twisted: I was exadrating, but you know what I mean, prison life is better for some than living on the streets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:44 am 

Yeah, I'd agree about the illegal immigration issue. It baffles me every time I see a protest for "illegal immigrant rights". What part of ILLEGAL is hard to understand?

There was a funny video I watched a while back, made by some guy who called himself "The Amazing Racist". Guy was a total jerk, but when he drove a truckload of illegals he picked up at Home Depot to a local INS building I couldn't stop laughing.

-Chris