Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:34 am 

Getting this done in Bridgeport in the next few weeks. (Reliable Plating Inc) Zinc with the chromate dip after. I believe it will match OEM gold colors pretty well, but I haven't had this done before so I can't promise anything. I have a lot of hardware and carb pieces going into it, and it will be difficult to keep them all straight with ONLY my pieces.

The reason I bring this up, is that if anyone wants a few pieces plated I would be willing to add theirs into my order (since its batch based, it will make it cheaper for both of us, and I have the large batch already going in)

Those pieces must either be larger (easier to separate things) or a very specific small set of parts that I can easily pick out of all my parts.

Thinking of things like Gas caps, fan pulleys, larger brackets, hood props. Maybe you had hardware plated and you skipped a few things that you aren't worth a full batch for now.

Let me know, probably have a week or two before i drop everything off.

Also, if someone eventually sees this years in the future and wants to put together a batch job.... please shoot me a PM, as I am sure there will be more things I find later that I will want done as well... and won't be able to justify a batch just for that small chunk of parts.

Last edited by DaveR on Wed May 11, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:49 am 

That's a great idea, thanks! Maybe I'll toss in a motorcycle side-stand just to zee how it will come out.
i wonder how the "Datsun" script and a pair of "240Z wings" would look in gold? 8)

Frank

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:56 am 

Update on this:

Went to get my job done, but because they rack plate only at the Reliable plating in Bridgeport... I need to split up my job with another plater for the small hardware that will be done in a barrell.

So I am now looking at a smaller job for the rack plating, focusing on only larger pieces that are easily hung.

I intend to rack plate many of the items in this picture.:
- gas cap
- fan pulley
- hood latch hardware
- inspection light
- fuel rail
- heat shield
- etc

So if anyone has bigger parts like this that are easy to hang, now is the time to let me know so we can get our ducks in a row and reduce the price burden. I think the job would cost around $100. So this could be a very effective way to get some larger but very visible parts Yellow zinc plated (like factory finish) I don't mind bearing the bulk of the cost, assuming you guys drop the parts off with me. (unless of course you have a lot of stuff to add)

Please let me know as soon as possible. I live in Milford, CT.

-Dave

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:20 pm 

batch one

Fuel rail came out a little grainy because i didn't prep it well enough, the other stuff looks really great.