Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:40 am 

I'm in the process of installing the exterior plastic emblems on the body of my '72 240Z. Yep, in my modding days I had them removed but did managed to save everything. They need a little cleaning & possibly re-paint of the black surround (semi-gloss I assume) but are certainly useable. One mounting stud on the "DATSUN" emblem that goes on the rear hatch & both studs on the round "DATSUN" hood emblem have broken off so I'm toying with the idea of cutting them all off flush and mounting everything with automotive trim double stick tape as is common today (any BTDTs / advice on this approach?). This will also save drilling holes in metal thus eliminating the possibility of rust at these locations. Additionally all the holes for the studs were filled when I had the car re-painted. Can anyone tell me or point me to a resource where I can find the dimensions & reference points for locating the following:

a. "DATSUN" emblem low on each front fender
b. Round "DATSUN" emblem on front of hood (know it was centered but how far back from front edge of hood to bottom or centerline of emblem?)
c. "Datsun" script & "240Z" emblem on passenger side of rear hatch. I know one of these was at an angle ("Datsun" script I believe) so need location relative to reference points/edges on hatch + the angle & dimensional relationship of each.

I'm OK with the round "Z" emblems (metal) at the cabin ventilation outlets @ C pillars...still have those holes for emblem's mounting studs.

In advance....THANKS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:02 am 

Check out the classiczcars.com it has tons of useful info and dandy search function :D Should be in Body/Exterior section.